Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/March 8 2012"

(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''Architecture Council Monthly Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Thursday March 8, 2012 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...)
 
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 16: Line 16:
 
{|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=1
 
{|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=1
 
| '''BIRT:'''
 
| '''BIRT:'''
| Wenfeng Li
+
| <strike>Wenfeng Li</strike>
| Wenbin He
+
| <strike>Wenbin He</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''DTP:'''
 
| '''DTP:'''
| Brian Payton
+
| <strike>Brian Payton</strike>
 
| Linda Chan
 
| Linda Chan
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Eclipse:'''
 
| '''Eclipse:'''
| Mike Wilson
+
| <strike>Mike Wilson</strike>
| John Arthorne<br/>Boris Bokowski
+
| John Arthorne<br/><strike>Boris Bokowski</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Modeling:'''
 
| '''Modeling:'''
| Ed Merks
+
| <strike>Ed Merks</strike>
| Cédric Brun<br/>Sven Efftinge
+
| <strike>Cédric Brun</strike><br/><strike>Sven Efftinge</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Mylyn:'''
 
| '''Mylyn:'''
 
| Steffen Pingel
 
| Steffen Pingel
| Mik Kersten
+
| <strike>Mik Kersten</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''RT:'''
 
| '''RT:'''
| Jeff McAffer
+
| Christian Campo
| Tom Watson
+
| <strike>Tom Watson</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''SOA:'''
 
| '''SOA:'''
 
| Adrian Mos
 
| Adrian Mos
| Sebastien Gandon
+
| <strike>Sebastien Gandon</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Technology:'''
 
| '''Technology:'''
| Gunnar Wagenknecht
+
| <strike>Gunnar Wagenknecht</strike>
| Wayne Beaton
+
| <strike>Wayne Beaton</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Tools:'''
 
| '''Tools:'''
| Doug Schaefer
+
| <strike>Doug Schaefer</strike>
 
|
 
|
|-
 
| '''TPTP:'''
 
| ''(TBA)''
 
|
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''WTP:'''
 
| '''WTP:'''
| Chuck Bridgham
+
| <strike>Chuck Bridgham</strike>
| Dave Carver<br/>Neil Hauge
+
| Dave Carver<br/><strike>Neil Hauge</strike>
 
|}
 
|}
  
  
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict)
+
* '''Signed-up:''' John Arthorne, Christian Campo, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Martin O, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Steffen Pingel, Andrew Overholt, David Williams
 +
* '''Regrets:''' Cédric Brun, Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Sebastien Gandon, Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Achim Lörke, Mary Ruddy, Doug Schaefer,
 +
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, Wayne Beaton, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Chuck Bridgham, Doug Clarke, Igor Fedorenko, Neil Hauge, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Markus Knauer, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Brian Payton, Pascal Rapicault, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue
  
<!--
 
* '''Signed-up:''' Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Dave Carver, Igor Fedorenko, Sebastien Gandon, Neil Hauge, Markus Knauer, Achim Lörke, Ed Merks, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Martin O, Andrew Overholt, Brian Payton, Steffen Pingel, Pascal Rapicault, Doug Schaefer, Tom Schindl, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson, David Williams, Mike Wilson
 
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict)
 
* '''No-Show:''' Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Mike Milinkovich, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Darin Swanson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue
 
-->
 
  
 
== Agenda / Notes ==
 
== Agenda / Notes ==
* '''Feel free to edit, but <font color="red">not during the call!</font>'''
 
  
 
=== Review of Last Meeting  ===
 
=== Review of Last Meeting  ===
Line 79: Line 71:
 
=== New Topics ===
 
=== New Topics ===
  
 +
* Kim: '''New AC Member Nominations'''
 +
** '''AI Martin''' contact candidates that have been proposed so far
  
=== General Topics ===
+
* John: '''Security Policy''' eg {{bug|337004}}
 
+
** Wayne has written out a Policy - can we, as a Council say "Yes that's what we want"
* '''Updates from the Board'''
+
** Some good discussion in the different bugs ...
* '''Maven @ Eclipse progress'''
+
*** (a) Single point of entry to report bugs;
** Parent POM ?
+
*** (b) Disclosure: How and when to disclose - proposal: Webpage generated from Bugzilla query / query of undisclosed bugs (available to committers only)
** Hudson ?
+
**** This year, John sent E-Mail to security@eclipse.org and it bounced
 
+
** Dave Carver: Maybe send to cross-project to invite feedback from wider audience
* AC Backlog
+
*** Martin: OK when there remains a person driving the case
 
+
*** '''AI Martin send E-Mail to Wayne''', asking to drive to completion
 
+
=== Old Topics ===
+
* Henrik Lindberg ESE proceedings are now online [[WhatIsInABuildESE2010]]
+
** '''AI zx''' Create Indigo report
+
 
+
* {{bug|324125}} architecture diagrams - [http://www.eclipse.org/org/councils/roadmap_v2_0/AC_v2_0/index.php 2006 version] - relationship to e4 ?
+
* '''IP Logs''' - Martin and Wayne - [http://eclipse.org/woolsey/ project woolsey] exists and open for community, Wayne hopes get soemthing downloadable by Christmas
+
** Allow projects to file bugs which list collections of libraries that are used for testing (and mark these collectively as exemt prereqs)
+
*** Couldn't distribute those libs or put them in scm, but could have them on the build server
+
 
+
We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:
+
 
+
* DaveC would like to discuss New Committer Guidelines; Scrum / Agile techniques
+
* {{bug|288393}} - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices
+
  
* '''[[Architecture Council/Open Issues|AC Bugzilla]]''' backlog
+
* '''EclipseCon'''
* See also [[Architecture Council/Open Issues]] for overflow items that were not discussed
+
** Sunday afternoon + breakfast - Andrew added proposed meetings into the Google Calendar
* News from the EMO and Councils ?
+
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
Line 112: Line 91:
 
* (''old'') '''Martin''' to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
 
* (''old'') '''Martin''' to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
 
* (''old'') '''Tim''' write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
 
* (''old'') '''Tim''' write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
* '''Martin''' revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
+
* (''old'') '''Martin''' revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
* '''Martin''' {{bug|315210}} Make the AC mailing list open / moderated
+
* (''old'') '''Martin''' {{bug|315210}} Make the AC mailing list open / moderated
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==

Latest revision as of 11:35, 8 March 2012

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday March 8, 2012 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: NEW Canada 1-877-727-8553 toll free / 1-416-840-9801 caller paid
NEW U.S. 1-866-394-4146 toll free / 1-480-629-1624 caller paid
NEW passcode 428029063

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
SOA: Adrian Mos Sebastien Gandon
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge


  • Signed-up: John Arthorne, Christian Campo, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Martin O, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Steffen Pingel, Andrew Overholt, David Williams
  • Regrets: Cédric Brun, Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Sebastien Gandon, Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Achim Lörke, Mary Ruddy, Doug Schaefer,
  • No-Show: Chris Aniszczyk, Wayne Beaton, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Chuck Bridgham, Doug Clarke, Igor Fedorenko, Neil Hauge, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Markus Knauer, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Brian Payton, Pascal Rapicault, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue


Agenda / Notes

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • Kim: New AC Member Nominations
    • AI Martin contact candidates that have been proposed so far
  • John: Security Policy eg bug 337004
    • Wayne has written out a Policy - can we, as a Council say "Yes that's what we want"
    • Some good discussion in the different bugs ...
      • (a) Single point of entry to report bugs;
      • (b) Disclosure: How and when to disclose - proposal: Webpage generated from Bugzilla query / query of undisclosed bugs (available to committers only)
        • This year, John sent E-Mail to security@eclipse.org and it bounced
    • Dave Carver: Maybe send to cross-project to invite feedback from wider audience
      • Martin: OK when there remains a person driving the case
      • AI Martin send E-Mail to Wayne, asking to drive to completion
  • EclipseCon
    • Sunday afternoon + breakfast - Andrew added proposed meetings into the Google Calendar

Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting