Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/March 8 2012"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''Architecture Council Monthly Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Thursday March 8, 2012 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...)
 
Line 36: Line 36:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''RT:'''
 
| '''RT:'''
| Jeff McAffer
+
| Christian Campo
 
| Tom Watson
 
| Tom Watson
 
|-
 
|-
Line 64: Line 64:
  
 
<!--
 
<!--
* '''Signed-up:''' Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Dave Carver, Igor Fedorenko, Sebastien Gandon, Neil Hauge, Markus Knauer, Achim Lörke, Ed Merks, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Martin O, Andrew Overholt, Brian Payton, Steffen Pingel, Pascal Rapicault, Doug Schaefer, Tom Schindl, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson, David Williams, Mike Wilson
+
* '''Signed-up:''' Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Igor Fedorenko, Neil Hauge, Markus Knauer, Achim Lörke, Ed Merks, Kim Moir, Martin O, Andrew Overholt, Brian Payton, Steffen Pingel, Mary Ruddy, Doug Schaefer, Tom Watson, David Williams
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict)
+
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Gunnar Wagenknecht (travelling)
* '''No-Show:''' Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Mike Milinkovich, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Darin Swanson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue
+
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Sebastien Gandon, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Mike Milinkovich, Adrian Mos, Pascal Rapicault, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue
 
-->
 
-->
  
Line 112: Line 112:
 
* (''old'') '''Martin''' to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
 
* (''old'') '''Martin''' to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
 
* (''old'') '''Tim''' write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
 
* (''old'') '''Tim''' write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
* '''Martin''' revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
+
* (''old'') '''Martin''' revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
* '''Martin''' {{bug|315210}} Make the AC mailing list open / moderated
+
* (''old'') '''Martin''' {{bug|315210}} Make the AC mailing list open / moderated
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==

Revision as of 13:14, 9 February 2012

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday March 8, 2012 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: NEW Canada 1-877-727-8553 toll free / 1-416-840-9801 caller paid
NEW U.S. 1-866-394-4146 toll free / 1-480-629-1624 caller paid
NEW passcode 428029063

Contents

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
SOA: Adrian Mos Sebastien Gandon
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
TPTP: (TBA)
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge


  • Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict)


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

General Topics

  • Updates from the Board
  • Maven @ Eclipse progress
    • Parent POM ?
    • Hudson ?
  • AC Backlog


Old Topics

  • bug 324125 architecture diagrams - 2006 version - relationship to e4 ?
  • IP Logs - Martin and Wayne - project woolsey exists and open for community, Wayne hopes get soemthing downloadable by Christmas
    • Allow projects to file bugs which list collections of libraries that are used for testing (and mark these collectively as exemt prereqs)
      • Couldn't distribute those libs or put them in scm, but could have them on the build server

We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:

  • DaveC would like to discuss New Committer Guidelines; Scrum / Agile techniques
  • bug 288393 - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices

Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting