Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/March 25 2010 Breakfast"
m (Architecture Council/Meetings/March 25 Breakfast moved to Architecture Council/Meetings/March 25 2010 Breakfast)
Latest revision as of 17:00, 20 March 2011
At EclipseCon 2010 a bunch of Architecture Council members met during breakfast on Thursday the 25th of March. Our discussion covered the following topics:
- good stuff
- more projects should use it
- difficult to get data for entire release train?
- new projects need at least some code
- simple getting started page for projects (steps, etc.)
- mentors checking back on projects; no response => archive them
- bugs as new project "checklist"
- EDP could be more well-publicized
- short entry point / portal for EDP
- Wayne wants help with simplifying EDP
- lots of projects in violation at the moment
- new version brings many violating projects into conformance
- review documentation is important
- extend project plan to be useful during development
- extend plan schema in general
- creation review is low-hanging fruit
- proposal could become creation document
- navigate between projects via "About this project" siebar
- Nova template good / too complicated
- drive new project websites from the portal
- automate project websites from the portal
- easier, used more
- tool to make it easy to get started
Oisin Money Quotes
- "build fairy"
- "muffin top of lard"
- lots of confusion about modelling projects
- response: "people are confused in general"
- licensing of contributions via bugzilla (attachments) => EPL by default or not?
- some people would like to see an OpenGrok instance at eclipse.org (see bug 307021)