Architecture Council/Meetings/March 24 2013 EclipseCon F2F
< Architecture Council | Meetings
Revision as of 06:27, 26 March 2013 by Martin.oberhuber.windriver.com
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Face-to-Face Meeting EclipseCon 2013|
|Date & Time:|| Sunday March 24, 2013 at 2000 UTC / 1600 Boston attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
- Attendees: John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Ian Bull, Neil Hauge, Markus Knauer, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Eike Stepper, Gunnar Wagenknecht
Release Train / Build Reproducability
- Durable repositories for the release train, to support reproducible re-builds
- Copying bits in the aggregator vs. “promote” functionality in CBI
- Wayne wants to understand the ideal solution, then work backwards to what is realistic
Development Process Reboot
- AC driving the Eclipse Development Process
- shall we reboot and start a more lightweight process from scratch?
- What are the key elements of the development process ?
- How to practically attack the task of revising the EDP ?
Top 10 Architectural Principles
- AC to publish about technical architecture eg “Top 10 Principles of Eclipse”
- Wayne: Publishing principles needs to be maintained – if they get stale it’s probably more harm than good
Projects that need Contributions
- How to help projects that everybody uses but nobody contributes to? Eg PDE / OSGi tooling ?
- Eg publish a list of “Top 10 helpwanted featueres” - how to make that community driven? Granularity of items should be bigger than bugzilla
Ideas for Discussion
- Top 10 Principles: Brainstorm, what are some top 10 principle candidates for technical architecture ?
- EDP Reboot what are the key elements of the EDP that need to be kept ?
- Process: Who can spend some time on the EDP reboot, how to attack it, who to lead the initiative ?
- PMI: Tools to encourage projects communicate / interact in a consistent and meaningful way easily
- bug 401236 CLA's and git signed-off-by improvements for automatic tracking
- bug 397644 How to contribute - CONTIBUTING template for github
- bug 358968 Logging Policy