Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/March 24 2013 EclipseCon F2F"
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
= Tuesday Breakfast =
= Tuesday Breakfast =
* '''Signed-Up:''' Chris Aniszczyk, Christian Campo, Marc Dutoo, Neil Hauge, Achim Loerke, Ed Merks, Andrew Overholt, Steffen Pingel, Krum Tsvetkov, David Williams
* '''Signed-Up:''' Chris Aniszczyk
* '''Regrets:''' Benjamin Cabé, Doug Clarke, Brian Payton
* '''No-Show:''' Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Sebastien Gandon, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Mary Ruddy, Tom Schindl, Mike Wilson
* '''No-Show:''' Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Sebastien Gandon, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten
Latest revision as of 15:13, 28 March 2013
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Face-to-Face Meeting EclipseCon 2013|
|Date & Time:|| Sunday March 24, 2013 at 2000 UTC / 1600 Boston attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
Sunday AC+PC Face-to-Face
- Attendees: John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Ian Bull, Neil Hauge, Markus Knauer, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Eike Stepper, Gunnar Wagenknecht
Release Train / Build Reproducability
- Durable repositories for the release train, to support reproducible re-builds
- Copying bits in the aggregator vs. “promote” functionality in CBI
- Wayne wants to understand the ideal solution, then work backwards to what is realistic
Development Process Reboot
- AC driving the Eclipse Development Process
- shall we reboot and start a more lightweight process from scratch?
- What are the key elements of the development process ?
- How to practically attack the task of revising the EDP ?
Top 10 Architectural Principles
- AC to publish about technical architecture eg “Top 10 Principles of Eclipse”
- Wayne: Publishing principles needs to be maintained – if they get stale it’s probably more harm than good
Projects that need Contributions
- How to help projects that everybody uses but nobody contributes to? Eg PDE / OSGi tooling ?
- Eg publish a list of “Top 10 helpwanted featueres” - how to make that community driven? Granularity of items should be bigger than bugzilla
- Attendees: John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Ian Bull, Neil Hauge, Markus Knauer, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Eike Stepper, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson
Ideas for Discussion
- Top 10 Principles: Brainstorm, what are some top 10 principle candidates for technical architecture ?
- EDP Reboot what are the key elements of the EDP that need to be kept ?
- Process: Who can spend some time on the EDP reboot, how to attack it, who to lead the initiative ?
- PMI: Tools to encourage projects communicate / interact in a consistent and meaningful way easily
- bug 401236 CLA's and git signed-off-by improvements for automatic tracking
- bug 397644 How to contribute - CONTIBUTING template for github
- bug 358968 Logging Policy