Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/March 24 2013 EclipseCon F2F"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 44: Line 44:
 
= Tuesday Breakfast =
 
= Tuesday Breakfast =
  
* '''Attendees:'''  
+
* '''Attendees:''' John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Ian Bull, Neil Hauge, Markus Knauer, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Eike Stepper, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson
  
 
<!--
 
<!--
* '''Attendees:''' John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Ian Bull, Neil Hauge, Markus Knauer, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Eike Stepper, Gunnar Wagenknecht
+
* '''Signed-Up:''' Chris Aniszczyk, Christian Campo, Marc Dutoo, Neil Hauge, Achim Loerke, Ed Merks, Andrew Overholt, Steffen Pingel, Krum Tsvetkov, David Williams
* '''Signed-Up:''' Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Chuck Bridgham, Ian Bull, Christian Campo, Marc Dutoo, Neil Hauge, Achim Loerke, Ed Merks, Martin O, Andrew Overholt, Steffen Pingel, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Eike Stepper, Krum Tsvetkov, Tom Watson, David Williams
+
* '''Regrets:''' Benjamin Cabé, Doug Clarke, Brian Payton
* '''Regrets:''' Wayne Beaton, Benjamin Cabé, Doug Clarke, Brian Payton, Gunnar Wagenknecht
+
* '''No-Show:''' Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Sebastien Gandon, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Mary Ruddy, Tom Schindl, Mike Wilson
* '''No-Show:''' Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Sebastien Gandon, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Markus Knauer, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Mary Ruddy, Tom Schindl, Mike Wilson, Krum Tsvetkov
+
 
-->
 
-->
  

Latest revision as of 16:13, 28 March 2013

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Face-to-Face Meeting EclipseCon 2013
Date & Time: Sunday March 24, 2013 at 2000 UTC / 1600 Boston attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal

Contents

[edit] Sunday AC+PC Face-to-Face

  • Attendees: John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Ian Bull, Neil Hauge, Markus Knauer, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Eike Stepper, Gunnar Wagenknecht


[edit] Release Train / Build Reproducability

  • Durable repositories for the release train, to support reproducible re-builds
    • Copying bits in the aggregator vs. “promote” functionality in CBI
    • Wayne wants to understand the ideal solution, then work backwards to what is realistic

[edit] Development Process Reboot

  • AC driving the Eclipse Development Process
    • shall we reboot and start a more lightweight process from scratch?
    • What are the key elements of the development process ?
    • How to practically attack the task of revising the EDP ?

[edit] Top 10 Architectural Principles

  • AC to publish about technical architecture eg “Top 10 Principles of Eclipse”
    • Wayne: Publishing principles needs to be maintained – if they get stale it’s probably more harm than good

[edit] Projects that need Contributions

  • How to help projects that everybody uses but nobody contributes to? Eg PDE / OSGi tooling ?
    • Eg publish a list of “Top 10 helpwanted featueres” - how to make that community driven? Granularity of items should be bigger than bugzilla


[edit] Tuesday Breakfast

  • Attendees: John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Ian Bull, Neil Hauge, Markus Knauer, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Eike Stepper, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson


Ideas for Discussion

  • Top 10 Principles: Brainstorm, what are some top 10 principle candidates for technical architecture ?
  • EDP Reboot what are the key elements of the EDP that need to be kept ?
    • Process: Who can spend some time on the EDP reboot, how to attack it, who to lead the initiative ?
    • PMI: Tools to encourage projects communicate / interact in a consistent and meaningful way easily
  • bug 401236 CLA's and git signed-off-by improvements for automatic tracking
  • bug 397644 How to contribute - CONTIBUTING template for github
  • bug 358968 Logging Policy
  • LTS


[edit] Action Items

[edit] Next Meeting