Architecture Council/Meetings/March 22 F2F EclipseCon 2009
< Architecture Council | Meetings
Tentative Agenda for the StAC and AC Face-to-face meetings at EclipseCon 2009
- Martin Oberhuber, Wind River
- Darin Swanson, IBM
- Gunnar Wagenknecht, AGETO
- Andrew Overholt, Red Hat
- Boris Bokowski, IBM
- Bernd Kolb, SAP
- Oisin Hurley, IONA
- Doug Schaefer, Wind River
- Richard Gronback, Borland
- Markus Knauer, Innoopract/EclipseSource
Date, Time and Location
- Sunday March 22, 5pm - 6pm at a meeting room at the Hyatt (after the StAC all-council meeting from 3pm-5pm)
Potential Agenda Items
Open discussion here. Feel free to add anything, prefix with your name. We also collect AC input for the StAC meeting.
- (Martin) Mentor Experience roundup: Each Mentor to talk 1-5 minutes about how it's been going with their projects
- (Martin) Improvements Brainstorming: 15 minutes uncommented brainstorming of ideas what could be improved if there were no limitations
- Incentives: git, lgpl, simplified IP, pre-canned webpages, more collaboration AC--board, ...
- (Martin, Rich) How can the AC do more Architecture? - Today we're doing Community Escalations mostly, can we do more actual architecture?
- (Gunnar) DVCS: How can we move on in the current DVCS discussion? Ideally, the AC should find an opinion (conclusion?) and discuss possible steps.
- (Martin) Mike on the AC: would be good to have more direct communications
- (Martin) Separation between the Board and the AC. The board has done an Eclipse SWOT analysis, but nobody can see it ?!?
- (Martin) Release Train Improvements
- (Martin) Move forward with Architecture Council/Meetings/API Deprecation 20080119 - See also bug 261544
- (Oisin) Options around static web pages for projects, not wiki, confined to project committers, web component in each project, not in separate source code repository.
- (Linda) Among the Java developer community, Eclipse is often used purely as an IDE. Most are not even aware of all the Eclipse projects that are available. How can the AC help to introduce and provide an architectural overview of all the various projects, including incubating ones?
- More Architecture Council/Open Issues