Architecture Council/Meetings/March 14 2019
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday March 14, 2019 at 1100 Ottawa |
HTML | iCal
|Dial in:||Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/438487984
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,438487984# or +14086380968,,438487984#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)： US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 Canada: +1 647 558 0588 France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 Meeting ID: 438 487 984 International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=zZBWgLOe1JIIW8E3tapxg4jzZNmjTfbO
Agenda / Notes
Update from EMO (Wayne/Gunnar):
- No major update from Wayne and Gunnar. We just re-iterated on the improvements of the revised EDP and noted that the new release process in effect.
- Feedback was provided during the call about the the new release process:
- projects need better visibility whether a release review is required or not
- one suggestion was to provide additional information perhaps within the project handbook
- Wayne would like to make it visible in PMI when creating/editing a release record but this requires more time
- No update on IP tooling infrastructure. There has been a bit of a delay and it's taking longer than expected. Wayne would like to brief the AC at some point. There is no action item for AC right now.
Infrastructure Update (Denis):
- The GitHub Pull-Request validation hook has been replaced with a new GitHub app
- It's more reliable and provides a better experience
- CBI migrations to Jiro (and: what is Jiro)
- the build infrastructure started migrating towards a Kubernetes clusters
- Jiro == Jenkins Instance Running on OpenShift
- project JIPPs will be migrated individually
- projects need to support the migration (please do!)
- acquired additional compute power for the build infrastructure
- freed up JIPP hosts will also join the build infrastructure
- Q: what help is need from projects for JIPP -> Jiro migration
- A: only testing/validating
- Q: will projects be able to provide customized containers?
- A: yes
- limits exists around capacity for projects
- the Kubernetes cluster is used exclusively for build, not for project services/hosting
- Q: is the build Linux only or will other operating system be supported?
- A: not possible yet, Linux only; the Webmasters are hoping to integrate Windows and Mac at some point
For follow up question about Jiro and/or help please reach out via the CBI mailing list
- Q: Can projects request their own GitHub organization?
- A: Yes, this is supported. Please open a bug via Community > GitHub. However, please note that this requires Webmaster time and needs to be carefully scheduled.
There will be requirements that need to be met (eg., branding, accountability).
Last meeting: Architecture Council/Meetings/January 10 2019