Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/March 14 2019"

(Agenda / Notes)
Line 30: Line 30:
  
 
'''Update from EMO (Wayne/Gunnar):'''
 
'''Update from EMO (Wayne/Gunnar):'''
* ...
+
* No major update from Wayne and Gunnar. We just re-iterated on the improvements of the revised EDP and noted that the new release process in effect.
 +
* Feedback was provided during the call about the the new release process:
 +
** projects need better visibility whether a release review is required or not
 +
** one suggestion was to provide additional information perhaps within the project handbook
 +
** Wayne would like to make it visible in PMI when creating/editing a release record but this requires more time
 +
* No update on IP tooling infrastructure. There has been a bit of a delay and it's taking longer than expected. Wayne would like to brief the AC at some point. There is no action item for AC right now.
  
  
 
'''Infrastructure Update (Denis):'''
 
'''Infrastructure Update (Denis):'''
 +
* The GitHub Pull-Request validation hook has been replaced with a new GitHub app
 +
** It's more reliable and provides a better experience
 
* CBI migrations to Jiro (and: what is Jiro)
 
* CBI migrations to Jiro (and: what is Jiro)
* Overall infra update
+
** the build infrastructure started migrating towards a Kubernetes clusters
 +
** Jiro == '''J'''enkins '''I'''nstance '''R'''unning on '''O'''penShift
 +
** project JIPPs will be migrated individually
 +
** projects need to support the migration (please do!)
 +
** acquired additional compute power for the build infrastructure
 +
** freed up JIPP hosts will also join the build infrastructure
 +
** ''Q:'' what help is need from projects for JIPP -> Jiro migration
 +
*** ''A:'' only testing/validating
 +
** ''Q:'' will projects be able to provide customized containers?
 +
*** ''A:'' yes
 +
** limits exists around capacity for projects
 +
** the Kubernetes cluster is used exclusively for build, not for project services/hosting
 +
** ''Q:'' is the build Linux only or will other operating system be supported?
 +
*** ''A:'' not possible yet, Linux only; the Webmasters are hoping to integrate Windows and Mac at some point
  
'''Other:'''
+
For follow up question about Jiro and/or help please reach out via the [https://accounts.eclipse.org/mailing-list/cbi-dev CBI mailing list]
* ...
+
  
 +
'''Other:'''
 +
* Q: Can projects request their own GitHub organization?
 +
** A: Yes, this is supported. Please open a bug via Community > GitHub. However, please note that this requires Webmaster time and needs to be carefully scheduled.
 +
There will be requirements that need to be met (eg., branding, accountability).
  
Feel free to edit, but '''<font color="red">not during the call!</font>'''
 
  
 
Last meeting: [[Architecture Council/Meetings/January 10 2019]]
 
Last meeting: [[Architecture Council/Meetings/January 10 2019]]
Line 47: Line 69:
 
== Action Items  ==
 
== Action Items  ==
  
*  
+
* n/a
  
  

Revision as of 11:11, 14 March 2019

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday March 14, 2019 at 1100 Ottawa
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial in: Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/438487984

Or iPhone one-tap :

   US: +16699006833,,438487984#  or +14086380968,,438487984# 

Or Telephone:

   Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
       US: +1 669 900 6833  or +1 408 638 0968  or +1 646 876 9923 
       Canada: +1 647 558 0588 
       France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 
       Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 
       United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 
       Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 
       Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 
       Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 
       Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 
   Meeting ID: 438 487 984
   International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=zZBWgLOe1JIIW8E3tapxg4jzZNmjTfbO

Agenda / Notes

Update from EMO (Wayne/Gunnar):

  • No major update from Wayne and Gunnar. We just re-iterated on the improvements of the revised EDP and noted that the new release process in effect.
  • Feedback was provided during the call about the the new release process:
    • projects need better visibility whether a release review is required or not
    • one suggestion was to provide additional information perhaps within the project handbook
    • Wayne would like to make it visible in PMI when creating/editing a release record but this requires more time
  • No update on IP tooling infrastructure. There has been a bit of a delay and it's taking longer than expected. Wayne would like to brief the AC at some point. There is no action item for AC right now.


Infrastructure Update (Denis):

  • The GitHub Pull-Request validation hook has been replaced with a new GitHub app
    • It's more reliable and provides a better experience
  • CBI migrations to Jiro (and: what is Jiro)
    • the build infrastructure started migrating towards a Kubernetes clusters
    • Jiro == Jenkins Instance Running on OpenShift
    • project JIPPs will be migrated individually
    • projects need to support the migration (please do!)
    • acquired additional compute power for the build infrastructure
    • freed up JIPP hosts will also join the build infrastructure
    • Q: what help is need from projects for JIPP -> Jiro migration
      • A: only testing/validating
    • Q: will projects be able to provide customized containers?
      • A: yes
    • limits exists around capacity for projects
    • the Kubernetes cluster is used exclusively for build, not for project services/hosting
    • Q: is the build Linux only or will other operating system be supported?
      • A: not possible yet, Linux only; the Webmasters are hoping to integrate Windows and Mac at some point

For follow up question about Jiro and/or help please reach out via the CBI mailing list

Other:

  • Q: Can projects request their own GitHub organization?
    • A: Yes, this is supported. Please open a bug via Community > GitHub. However, please note that this requires Webmaster time and needs to be carefully scheduled.

There will be requirements that need to be met (eg., branding, accountability).


Last meeting: Architecture Council/Meetings/January 10 2019

Action Items

  • n/a


Next Meeting

Back to the top