Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/March 12 2009"
(→Review of Action Items)
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
| Date & Time:
| Date & Time:
| Thursday [[March 12, 2009]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2009&month=3&day=12&hour=16&min=0&sec=0 1600 UTC /
| Thursday [[March 12, 2009]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2009&month=3&day=12&hour=16&min=0&sec=0 1600 UTC / SFO / Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin]<br>[[Image:Html.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=g30r6idsq3rsufe2j3t6k0l0g4%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Canada/Toronto HTML] | [[Image:Ical.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/g30r6idsq3rsufe2j3t6k0l0g4%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics iCal]
Revision as of 11:47, 10 March 2009
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday March 12, 2009 at 1600 UTC / 0900 SFO / 1200 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| (+1) 613.287.8000 (Ottawa and international) or|
866.362.7064 (toll-free North America)
- Use the Doodle Attendance Tracking Poll to confirm attendance or send regrets for this meeting. See this message for how to use it. All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|BIRT:||Wenfeng Li||Gary Xue|
|DTP:||Brian Fitzpatrick||Linda Chan|
|DSDP:||Doug Gaff||Martin Oberhuber|
|Eclipse:||Philippe Mulet||Mike Wilson|
|Modeling:||Richard Gronback||Ed Merks|
|RT:||Jeff McAffer||Jochen Krause|
|STP:||Oisin Hurley||Antoine Toulme|
|Technology:||Gunnar Wagenknecht||Wayne Beaton|
|TPTP:||Eugene Chan|| Oliver Cole|
|WTP:||Tim deBoer||Dave Carver|
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Action Items
- Last meeting Architecture Council/Minutes January 15 2009#Action Items
- (old) Martin to follow up with the m2eclipse and IAM projects regarding duplication
- (old) Martin to follow up on Architecture Diagrams idea
- (old) Michael to flesh out the Patterns idea and remind the EAC -- started Architecture Council/Top Ten Recommendations#Design Patterns, backed by EclipseCon tutorial proposals
- While these show how well-known GoF patterns are applied in Eclipse, Michael's idea was more to find and describe new patterns which are specific to Eclipse
- (old) Michael to draft an E-Mail about the "plugin granularity" idea, searching for people to lead the effort
- (old) Mik to create initial "architectural walkthrough" material for Mylyn -- 1 wiki page not too large, send link to the mailing list (committed until end January)
- (old) All PMC's to encourage incubating grandfathered projects ask for a mentor (by filing an AC bug)
- Dave Carver send links to Wiki pages which we might want to emulate for the AC Homepage
- Mik to propose a date for demoing the Mylyn "report a bug" feature
- Everyone review/edit the various Architecture Council wiki pages, particularly the Architecture Council/Ask the AC Panel/FAQ and Architecture Council/Links Collection. Add questions to the FAQ.
- New Category markup allows us to tag other (non-AC) pages such that they show up under AC
- Better organize the AC homepage: collect feedback... AI Dave send links to other Wiki pages for review to check which ones we might want to emulate, also, everyone can make suggestions / create mock-up pages for review.
- Still open items moved to #Action Items
- IP/Legal Discussions: IPZilla closed group is up. In bug 214133, Martin asks whether having the link under the following areas of the portal is sufficient:
- Committer on (xxx) -> IP Policy -> [pose] a question
- Project lead for (xxx) -> IP Policy -> [pose] a question
- PMC Representation on the AC - backup delegates, 1 attendee required
- Backup still required for Tools PMC
News from the EMO & Councils
- EclipseCon - AC meeting on Sunday before the conference (Mar 22) afternoon
- Proposed StAC meeting 3pm-5pm including the AC, PC and RC; but we have some topics (like mentorship) not so interesting for the other councils
- Official Architecture Council/Meetings/March 22 F2F EclipseCon 2009 from 5pm-6pm, unofficial afterwards (Program Committee get-together after 6pm); want to have pizza dinner
- Architecture Council/Ask the AC Panel: many questions are important for ourselves to understand and answer consistently
- McQ, Boris, Dave Williams, etc. - can you provide a short re-cap of the Architecture_Council/Meetings/API_Deprecation_20080119 API Deprecation meeting?
- bug 262865 i18n patches
- See also Architecture Council/Open Issues for overflow items that were not discussed