Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/June 9 2011"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
(New Topics)
 
(3 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 29: Line 29:
 
| '''Modeling:'''
 
| '''Modeling:'''
 
| Ed Merks
 
| Ed Merks
| <strike>Cédric Brun</strike><br/><strike>Sven Efftinge</strike>
+
| Cédric Brun<br/><strike>Sven Efftinge</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Mylyn:'''
 
| '''Mylyn:'''
Line 62: Line 62:
 
* '''Signed-up:''' Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Boris Bokowski, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Linda Chan, Neil Hauge, Achim Loerke, Jeff McAffer, Ed Merks, Kim Moir, Martin O, Andrew Overholt, Brian Payton, Steffen Pingel, Pascal Rapicault, Doug Schaefer, Tom Schindl, David Williams, Gary Xue
 
* '''Signed-up:''' Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Boris Bokowski, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Linda Chan, Neil Hauge, Achim Loerke, Jeff McAffer, Ed Merks, Kim Moir, Martin O, Andrew Overholt, Brian Payton, Steffen Pingel, Pascal Rapicault, Doug Schaefer, Tom Schindl, David Williams, Gary Xue
  
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict)
+
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Tom Watson (OSGi meeting conflict)
  
* '''No-Show:''' Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Eugene Chan, Doug Clarke, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Markus Knauer, Bernd Kolb, Mike Milinkovich, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Darin Swanson, Antoine Toulme, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson, Jonathan West, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf
+
* '''No-Show:''' Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Eugene Chan, Doug Clarke, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Markus Knauer, Bernd Kolb, Mike Milinkovich, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Darin Swanson, Antoine Toulme, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Jonathan West, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf
  
 
== Agenda / Notes ==
 
== Agenda / Notes ==
Line 105: Line 105:
 
** Orion;
 
** Orion;
 
** Suggestion to send an e-mail to cross-project
 
** Suggestion to send an e-mail to cross-project
 +
** John has started a list at [[Architecture Council/Web Technology Survey]]
  
 
* Wayne: '''Security Policy''' - looking for further input; disclosure is most controversial, and propagation of fixes
 
* Wayne: '''Security Policy''' - looking for further input; disclosure is most controversial, and propagation of fixes

Latest revision as of 13:46, 9 June 2011

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday June 9, 2011 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: NEW Canada 1-877-727-8553 toll free / 1-416-840-9801 caller paid
NEW U.S. 1-866-394-4146 toll free / 1-480-629-1624 caller paid
NEW passcode 428029063

Contents

[edit] Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Gary Xue
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Jeff McAffer Tom Watson
STP: Antoine Toulme Oisin Hurley
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
TPTP: Jonathan West
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge
  • Signed-up: Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Boris Bokowski, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Linda Chan, Neil Hauge, Achim Loerke, Jeff McAffer, Ed Merks, Kim Moir, Martin O, Andrew Overholt, Brian Payton, Steffen Pingel, Pascal Rapicault, Doug Schaefer, Tom Schindl, David Williams, Gary Xue
  • Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Tom Watson (OSGi meeting conflict)
  • No-Show: Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Eugene Chan, Doug Clarke, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Markus Knauer, Bernd Kolb, Mike Milinkovich, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Darin Swanson, Antoine Toulme, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Jonathan West, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf

[edit] Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

[edit] Review of Last Meeting

[edit] New Topics

  • Andrew O: How to get rid of last minute nags for the Release Train (eg run reports more often)
    • Step 1 - Progress this year is having the reports run on the build machine (bit late but still very helpful)
    • Step 2 - projects should incorporate tests into their own builds
    • bug 347882 "Improve Repository Reports" should belong into Dash project
    • Maybe via Maven / Eclipse toplevel POM
    • Wayne's direction would be an automated "release record" independent of the review docs, maybe via Tycho
  • Gunnar / Kim - Reproducability of builds related to p2 milestone repo's consumed from upstream projects
    • Pascal - use a redirect instead of physically moving bits around?
    • Jeff - related to retention policy, whoever needs a repo for later reproducing needs to copy / mirror it. Eg retain last 2 rc's
    • Martin - more related to stable location of a repo than stable content of a repo ... reproducing builds against an RC is less interesting than against the release
    • David W - concerned about building against a staging repo
    • Pascal, Jeff - projects to start producing their own "release repositories" and publish them early... RC's to go into the release repo, release repo with "forever" retention policy but not publish to end users early
    • David W - part of that can be accomplished with composite repositories
    • Publish recommendation to publish stable URL early -- AC to provide Documented Best Practice
      • David W: Similar to recommendation to produce archived repos ... stronger premise for reproducable builds (ie download dependents)
      • Recommendation may be an ongoing discussion, since p2 was designed for installing more than for building
      • John A: Recommend copying anything released into archive.eclipse.org immediately in order to ensure durability (non-mirrored)
      • Wayne: Use Denis' download script as the durable URL
      • AI Kim start an initial write-up for recommendations
  • John A: Web UI's - any other projects doing web UI's ?
    • BIRT has some javascript; RAP; Hudson;
    • EMF has GWT support (auto-generates Web UI's from a model)
    • zx: Gyrex; Virgo
    • zx: skalli using vadem;
    • Nuxeo
    • Orion;
    • Suggestion to send an e-mail to cross-project
    • John has started a list at Architecture Council/Web Technology Survey
  • Wayne: Security Policy - looking for further input; disclosure is most controversial, and propagation of fixes
    • Wayne has 2 volunteers to help
    • Policy will be fluid sine not voted on by the board... current version similar to Apache policy

[edit] Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated
  • Wayne bug 347882 "Improve Repository Reports" follow-up with Dash
  • Kim initial repository for builds guidelines

[edit] Next Meeting