Architecture Council/Meetings/June 13 2013
< Architecture Council | Meetings
Revision as of 11:49, 13 June 2013 by Martin.oberhuber.windriver.com
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday June 13, 2013 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|BIRT:||Wenfeng Li||Wenbin He|
|DTP:||Brian Payton||Linda Chan|
|Eclipse:||Mike Wilson|| John Arthorne|
|Modeling:||Ed Merks|| Cédric Brun|
|Mylyn:||Steffen Pingel||Mik Kersten|
|RT:||Christian Campo|| Tom Watson|
|SOA:||Adrian Mos|| Marc Dutoo|
|Technology:||Gunnar Wagenknecht||Wayne Beaton|
|Tools:||Doug Schaefer|| |
|WTP:||Chuck Bridgham|| Dave Carver|
- Signed-Up: Wayne Beaton, Linda Chan, Neil Hauge, Ken Hussey, Achim Loerke, Mike Milinkovich, Martin O, Steffen Pingel, Michael Scharf, Doug Schaefer, Krum Tsvetkov, Gunnar Wagenknecht, David Williams
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
Contributor License Agreements (CLA's)
- MikeM: Going Live next Tuesday (June 17th) with the ability to register a CLA with Eclipse.org
- Going Live Thursday June 27th with enforcing CLA's (commit hooks on Git / Gerrit)
- Contribution will be kicked out if the Author doesn't have a CLA on file
- Docs being written right now - been stable on a staging server
- Before enforcement goes live: Can ask contributors to provide CLA on Bugzilla
- DavidW: Who has to fill out a CLA ?
- Anybody who's not a committer and wants to give any code to Eclipse.org
- Committers who want to contribute to another project
- Rather than asking the "3 questions" ask for the CLA
- CLA's have a lifetime of 3 years
- CLA is drafted as "generic" to work with dual/multi-licensed projects, so committers are not required pointing to contributors to unusual licensing (but it may be courtesy to others of course)
- When pushing to git (or gerrit), each commit in the push is inspected for CLA on file for the Author, and proper signed-off-by flag.
- "Belts and Suspenders" : Commit needs both, the Author field and the Signed-off-by flag.
- Some whining from projects how much effort the review docs are
- Walking through the release review docs, Wayne would love to see "This is what the release is all about" ... like
- Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
- Wayne: Bugzilla Component for AC
- Default Assignee is "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- AC members can "watch"
- Intended behavior is that the mailing list is notified of NEW issues or FIXED issues, but not about every comment ... seems broken
- AI Wayne check the behavior, and investigate
- Wayne: Test Instance of CLA request for Testing
- Updates from the Board or the EMO
- Desire to simplify the process
- Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
- (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
- (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
- (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated