Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/June 13 2013"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {| cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" border="1" |- | Meeting Title: | '''Architecture Council Monthly Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Thursday June 13, 2013 at [http://www.timeandda...)
 
Line 72: Line 72:
  
 
* '''Regrets:'''  
 
* '''Regrets:'''  
 +
 +
* '''Signed-Up:''' Wayne Beaton, Linda Chan, Neil Hauge, Ken Hussey, Achim Loerke, Mike Milinkovich, Martin O, Steffen Pingel, Michael Scharf, Doug Schaefer, Krum Tsvetkov, Gunnar Wagenknecht, David Williams
  
 
<!--
 
<!--
Line 90: Line 92:
 
=== New Topics ===
 
=== New Topics ===
  
==== Development Process ====
+
====Contributor License Agreements (CLA's)====
 +
* MikeM: Going Live next Tuesday (June 17th) with the ability to register a CLA with Eclipse.org
 +
* Going Live Thursday June 27th with enforcing CLA's (commit hooks on Git / Gerrit)
 +
** Contribution will be kicked out if the Author doesn't have a CLA on file
 +
** Docs being written right now - been stable on a staging server
 +
* Before enforcement goes live: Can ask contributors to provide CLA on Bugzilla
  
==== How to contribute docs ====
+
* DavidW: Who has to fill out a CLA ?
 +
*# Anybody who's not a committer and wants to give any code to Eclipse.org
 +
*# Committers who want to contribute to another project
 +
 
 +
* Rather than asking the "3 questions" ask for the CLA
 +
* CLA's have a lifetime of 3 years
 +
* CLA is drafted as "generic" to work with dual/multi-licensed projects, so committers are not ''required'' pointing to contributors to unusual licensing (but it may be courtesy to others of course)
 +
 
 +
* When pushing to git (or gerrit), each commit in the push is inspected for CLA on file for the Author, and proper signed-off-by flag.
 +
* "Belts and Suspenders" : Commit needs both, the Author field and the Signed-off-by flag.
 +
 
 +
====EDP Modifications====
 +
* Some whining from projects how much effort the review docs are
 +
** Walking through the release review docs, Wayne would love to see "This is what the release is all about" ... like
  
 
=== General Topics ===
 
=== General Topics ===
  
 
* '''Eclipse Infrastructure''' - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
 
* '''Eclipse Infrastructure''' - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
 +
** Wayne: '''Bugzilla Component for AC'''
 +
** Default Assignee is "eclipse.org-architecture-council@eclipse.org"
 +
*** AC members can "watch"
 +
*** Intended behavior is that the mailing list is notified of NEW issues or FIXED issues, but not about every comment ... seems broken
 +
*** '''AI Wayne''' check the behavior, and investigate
 +
 +
* Wayne: '''Test Instance of CLA''' request for Testing
  
 
* '''Updates from the Board or the EMO'''
 
* '''Updates from the Board or the EMO'''
 +
** Desire to simplify the process
 +
 +
 +
 
== Action Items  ==
 
== Action Items  ==
  

Revision as of 11:49, 13 June 2013

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday June 13, 2013 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, others - see Asterisk/Numbers

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Contents

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Eike Stepper
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
Doug Clarke
Ian Bull
SOA: Adrian Mos Marc Dutoo
Sebastien Gandon
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge

All Attendees

  • Regrets:
  • Signed-Up: Wayne Beaton, Linda Chan, Neil Hauge, Ken Hussey, Achim Loerke, Mike Milinkovich, Martin O, Steffen Pingel, Michael Scharf, Doug Schaefer, Krum Tsvetkov, Gunnar Wagenknecht, David Williams


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

Contributor License Agreements (CLA's)

  • MikeM: Going Live next Tuesday (June 17th) with the ability to register a CLA with Eclipse.org
  • Going Live Thursday June 27th with enforcing CLA's (commit hooks on Git / Gerrit)
    • Contribution will be kicked out if the Author doesn't have a CLA on file
    • Docs being written right now - been stable on a staging server
  • Before enforcement goes live: Can ask contributors to provide CLA on Bugzilla
  • DavidW: Who has to fill out a CLA ?
    1. Anybody who's not a committer and wants to give any code to Eclipse.org
    2. Committers who want to contribute to another project
  • Rather than asking the "3 questions" ask for the CLA
  • CLA's have a lifetime of 3 years
  • CLA is drafted as "generic" to work with dual/multi-licensed projects, so committers are not required pointing to contributors to unusual licensing (but it may be courtesy to others of course)
  • When pushing to git (or gerrit), each commit in the push is inspected for CLA on file for the Author, and proper signed-off-by flag.
  • "Belts and Suspenders" : Commit needs both, the Author field and the Signed-off-by flag.

EDP Modifications

  • Some whining from projects how much effort the review docs are
    • Walking through the release review docs, Wayne would love to see "This is what the release is all about" ... like

General Topics

  • Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
    • Wayne: Bugzilla Component for AC
    • Default Assignee is "eclipse.org-architecture-council@eclipse.org"
      • AC members can "watch"
      • Intended behavior is that the mailing list is notified of NEW issues or FIXED issues, but not about every comment ... seems broken
      • AI Wayne check the behavior, and investigate
  • Wayne: Test Instance of CLA request for Testing
  • Updates from the Board or the EMO
    • Desire to simplify the process


Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting