Architecture Council/Meetings/June 11 2009
< Architecture Council | Meetings
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday June 11, 2009 at 1515 UTC / 0815 SFO / 1115 Ottawa / 1615 London / 1715 Berlin|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| (+1) 613.287.8000 (Ottawa and international) or|
866.362.7064 (toll-free North America)
- Use the Doodle Attendance Tracking Poll to confirm attendance or send regrets for this meeting. See this message for how to use it. All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|DSDP:||Doug Gaff||Martin Oberhuber|
|STP:||Oisin Hurley|| |
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- Architecture Council/Meetings/May 14 2009
- (old) Cedric, Tom talk to their PMCs about making AC representation official (can be 2 backup reps)
- Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
- Dave to add hyperlinks to Architecture Council/Bugzilla Best Practices
- Mik to send E-Mail with "how to use bug reporting wizard" to ac mailing list
- Still open items moved to #Action Items
- AC Chair for next year
- Follow-up on Architecture Council/Bugzilla Best Practices
- Jeff, McQ: bug 261544 API Deprecation
- Dave C AC should look at other Agile Principles can be employed (in addition to the Bugzilla practices)
- See also Architecture Council/Open Issues for overflow items that were not discussed
- PMC Representation for Tools, WTP?
- Mike on the AC?
- News from the EMO and Councils ?
- (old) Martin to follow up on Architecture Diagrams idea
- (old) Michael to flesh out the Patterns idea and remind the EAC -- started Architecture Council/Top Ten Recommendations#Design Patterns, backed by EclipseCon tutorial proposals
- While these show how well-known GoF patterns are applied in Eclipse, Michael's idea was more to find and describe new patterns which are specific to Eclipse
- (old) Michael to draft an E-Mail about the "plugin granularity" idea, searching for people to lead the effort
- (old) Mik to create initial "architectural walkthrough" material for Mylyn -- 1 wiki page not too large, send link to the mailing list
- (old) Tools and Tech PMC's to encourage incubating grandfathered projects find a mentor