Architecture Council/Meetings/July 9 2015
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday July 9, 2015 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|BIRT:||Wenfeng Li||Wenbin He|
|DTP:||Brian Payton||Linda Chan|
|Eclipse:||Mike Wilson||John Arthorne|
|Modeling:||Ed Merks|| Cédric Brun|
|Mylyn:||Steffen Pingel||Mik Kersten|
|RT:||Christian Campo|| Tom Watson|
|SOA:||Adrian Mos||Marc Dutoo|
|Technology:||Gunnar Wagenknecht||Wayne Beaton|
|Tools:||Doug Schaefer|| |
|WTP:||Chuck Bridgham||Neil Hauge|
- Max Andersen, Wayne Beaton, Alex Kurtakov, Dani Megert, Martin O, Brian Payton, Michael Scharf, Eike Stepper
- Regrets: Marcel Bruch, Markus Knauer, Maximilian Kögel, Martin Lippert, Pascal Rapicault, Lars Vogel,
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- Feel free to fill in, but not during the meeting :)
- Wayne: Development Funding
- Funding stuff that's common and critical for the IDE - So far: p2, Marketplace, ...
- Looking for Process to do this
- Wayne: Blocker bug 463857 - please look at the bug and give feedback, are we targeting the right things ?
- Some runtime work seems unnecessarily hindered by the EDP; simplify project creation, release reviews, continuous integration
- Would like a complete rewrite - much effort but probably doable
- Need a final form by mid October
- Wayne would write the draft, but need direction first and input after the draft (and help writing sections would be appreciated)
- HOWTO docs are too big currently ... hopefully trimming the EDP will trim the HOWTO as well
- Max: Would like to encourage (or at least allow) faster release cadence - what's the minimum necessary that needs to be done for release ?
- Wayne: bug 471463 looking for a list of bugs that could be resolved in 2-3 hours
- Want to get back to a habit of marking bugs bugday or similar
- Focus people on what we need them to do ... turn more people into contributors
- Perhaps there's many bugs that stay unadressed since we feel we'd need to get together in a room
- For example, have LaunchBar and Docker work totether
- AC to identify 4 "hard problems" that we'd plan addressing during EclipseCon as a "development experience"
- Encourage the right set of people to come to the conference and participate