Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/July 14 2011"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Line 52: Line 52:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''TPTP:'''
 
| '''TPTP:'''
| Jonathan West
+
| ''(TBA)''
 
|  
 
|  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 65: Line 65:
 
* '''Signed-up:''' Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Boris Bokowski, Christian Campo, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Neil Hauge, Ed Merks, Martin O, Brian Payton, Rapicault, Mary Ruddy, Steffen Pingel, Rapicault, Mary Ruddy, Doug Schaefer, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Gary Xue
 
* '''Signed-up:''' Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Boris Bokowski, Christian Campo, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Neil Hauge, Ed Merks, Martin O, Brian Payton, Rapicault, Mary Ruddy, Steffen Pingel, Rapicault, Mary Ruddy, Doug Schaefer, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Gary Xue
 
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Adrian Mos (public holiday)
 
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Adrian Mos (public holiday)
* '''No-Show:''' Wayne Beaton, Nick Boldt, Chuck Bridgham, Cédric Brun, Eugene Chan, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Markus Knauer, Bernd Kolb, Achim Loerke, Jeff McAffer, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Andrew Overholt, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, Tom Watson, Jonathan West, David Williams, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf
+
* '''No-Show:''' Wayne Beaton, Nick Boldt, Chuck Bridgham, Cédric Brun, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Markus Knauer, Bernd Kolb, Achim Loerke, Jeff McAffer, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Andrew Overholt, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, Tom Watson, David Williams, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf
 
-->
 
-->
  

Revision as of 08:14, 30 June 2011

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday July 14, 2011 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: NEW Canada 1-877-727-8553 toll free / 1-416-840-9801 caller paid
NEW U.S. 1-866-394-4146 toll free / 1-480-629-1624 caller paid
NEW passcode 428029063

Contents

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Gary Xue
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Jeff McAffer Tom Watson
SOA: Adrian Mos
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
TPTP: (TBA)
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge
  • Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Adrian Mos (public holiday)


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

General Topics

  • Updates from the Board
  • Maven @ Eclipse progress
    • zx: signing and publishing making some progress, will hopefully have some code by next call, for signing and publishing via Maven / Tycho
    • bug 339915 Parent POM - not yet, zx working on a draft to send out .. signing would inherit from Parent
    • bug 288644 name spaces / group ID for Maven artifacts - Dave Carver suggests org.eclipse.jdt etc as group ID, corresponding to projects
    • Other related bugs bug 283745 and bug 337068

Old Topics

  • bug 324125 architecture diagrams - 2006 version - relationship to e4 ?
  • IP Logs - Martin and Wayne - project woolsey exists and open for community, Wayne hopes get soemthing downloadable by Christmas
    • Allow projects to file bugs which list collections of libraries that are used for testing (and mark these collectively as exemt prereqs)
      • Couldn't distribute those libs or put them in scm, but could have them on the build server

We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:

  • DaveC would like to discuss New Committer Guidelines; Scrum / Agile techniques
  • bug 288393 - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices

Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting