Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/January 14 2010"

Line 44: Line 44:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Technology:'''
 
| '''Technology:'''
| Gunnar Wagenknecht
+
| <strike>Gunnar Wagenknecht</strike> (vacation)
 
| Wayne Beaton
 
| Wayne Beaton
 
|-
 
|-
Line 59: Line 59:
 
| Dave Carver
 
| Dave Carver
 
|}
 
|}
 +
 +
* '''Regrets:''' Wayne Beaton, Tom Schindl (travelling), Darin Swanson, Gunnar Wagenknecht (vacation)
  
 
<!--
 
<!--
* '''Signed-up:''' John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Cedric Brun, Dave Carver, Eugene Chan, Tim deBoer, Bernd Kolb, Andrew Overholt, Martin O, Brian Payton, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Tom Watson, Gary Xue
+
* '''Signed-up:''' John Arthorne, Cedric Brun, Dave Carver, Eugene Chan, Tim deBoer, Bernd Kolb, Andrew Overholt, Martin O, Brian Payton, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Tom Watson, Gary Xue
 
* '''Regrets:''' Boris Bokowski (Board Meeting Conflict), Oliver Cole (known conflict) Ed Merks (Board Meeting Conflict), Mike Wilson
 
* '''Regrets:''' Boris Bokowski (Board Meeting Conflict), Oliver Cole (known conflict) Ed Merks (Board Meeting Conflict), Mike Wilson
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, Nick Boldt, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Adrian Colyer, Sven Efftinge, Neil Hauge, Oisin Hurley, Mik Kersten, Markus Knauer, Wenfeng Li, Jeff McAffer, Mike Milinkovich, Mary Ruddy, Darin Swanson, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Dave Williams, Darin Wright
+
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, Nick Boldt, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Adrian Colyer, Sven Efftinge, Neil Hauge, Oisin Hurley, Mik Kersten, Markus Knauer, Wenfeng Li, Jeff McAffer, Mike Milinkovich, Mary Ruddy, Dave Williams, Darin Wright
 
* Dormant: Sebastian Voigt, Oliver Wolf,  
 
* Dormant: Sebastian Voigt, Oliver Wolf,  
 
-->
 
-->

Revision as of 03:12, 12 January 2010

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday January 14, 2010 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: NEW Canada 1-877-727-8553 toll free / 1-416-840-9801 caller paid
NEW U.S. 1-866-394-4146 toll free / 1-480-629-1624 caller paid
NEW passcode 428029063

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Gary Xue
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
DSDP: Martin Oberhuber
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
RT: Jeff McAffer Tom Watson
STP: Oisin Hurley Antoine Toulme (unofficial)
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht (vacation) Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
TPTP: Eugene Chan Joanna Kubasta (unofficial)
WTP: Tim deBoer Dave Carver
  • Regrets: Wayne Beaton, Tom Schindl (travelling), Darin Swanson, Gunnar Wagenknecht (vacation)


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

  • Architecture Council/Meetings/December 10 2009
  • (old) Tools and Tech PMC's to encourage incubating grandfathered projects find a mentor; mentorless projects due to AC members quitting or falling dormant
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Dave C work with Wayne on a "handbook" for project criteria for becoming a committer (referencing committer guidelines)
  • (old) Dave C come up with a document how to save build resources
  • (old) Dave C to try bugzilla UNCONFIRMED state
  • Martin to file bug for asking Mik hyperlink Wikitext / crowdsourcing Docs handbook on the Architecture Council/Top Ten Project Development Practices page
  • Wayne to ask Sonatype about Nexus test installation
  • Wayne to try doing a 3.6m2 API Report on Helios m2
  • 'Ed to tell Cloudsmith about bug 283745 Maven
  • Ok green.gif Martin Ask PC to think about an "e4 ready" requirement for next year's train
  • Ok green.gif Martin Ask e4 team to pitch a migration talk at EclipseCon.
  • Wayne to ask EclipseCon PC/Donald if we can get a room for e4 Hack-a-thon (migration, creating plug-ins, etc.)
  • Wayne to discuss "e4 ready" marketing campaign with Ian.
  • Still open items moved to #Action Items

New Topics

  • e4 - current state of affairs

We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:

Items for next meeting

Regular briefing on the status of e4.

Old Topics

  • DaveC would like to discuss New Committer Guidelines; Scrum / Agile techniques
  • bug 285074 - Dave Carver - Hudsonbuilder and write access to the cvs / svn repo
  • bug 288721 - Sonar / Eclemma - Cedric Brun, Dave Carver
  • bug 283745 - Maven Repository at Eclipse
  • bug 288393 - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices
  • The art of project release naming - no bug yet ?!?

Action Items

  • (old) Martin to follow up on Architecture Diagrams idea
  • (old) Michael to flesh out the Patterns idea and remind the EAC -- started Architecture Council/Top Ten Recommendations#Design Patterns, backed by EclipseCon tutorial proposals
    • While these show how well-known GoF patterns are applied in Eclipse, Michael's idea was more to find and describe new patterns which are specific to Eclipse
  • (old) Michael to draft an E-Mail about the "plugin granularity" idea, searching for people to lead the effort
  • (old) Mik to create initial "architectural walkthrough" material for Mylyn -- 1 wiki page not too large, send link to the mailing list

Next Meeting

  • Architecture Council/Meetings/January 14 2010