Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/January 14 2010"

Line 80: Line 80:
 
* '''Wayne''' to try doing a 3.6m2 API Report on Helios m2
 
* '''Wayne''' to try doing a 3.6m2 API Report on Helios m2
 
* ''''Ed''' to tell Cloudsmith about {{bug|283745}} Maven
 
* ''''Ed''' to tell Cloudsmith about {{bug|283745}} Maven
* '''Wayne''' ask e4 team to pitch a migration talk at EclipseCon.
+
* [[Image:Ok_green.gif]] '''Martin''' Ask PC to think about an "e4 ready" requirement for next year's train
 +
* [[Image:Ok_green.gif]] '''Martin''' Ask e4 team to pitch a migration talk at EclipseCon.
 
* '''Wayne''' to ask EclipseCon PC/Donald if we can get a room for e4 Hack-a-thon (migration, creating plug-ins, etc.)
 
* '''Wayne''' to ask EclipseCon PC/Donald if we can get a room for e4 Hack-a-thon (migration, creating plug-ins, etc.)
 
* '''Wayne''' to discuss "e4 ready" marketing campaign with Ian.
 
* '''Wayne''' to discuss "e4 ready" marketing campaign with Ian.

Revision as of 10:42, 15 December 2009

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday January 14, 2010 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: NEW Canada 1-877-727-8553 toll free / 1-416-840-9801 caller paid
NEW U.S. 1-866-394-4146 toll free / 1-480-629-1624 caller paid
NEW passcode 428029063

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Gary Xue
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
DSDP: Martin Oberhuber
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
RT: Jeff McAffer Tom Watson
STP: Oisin Hurley Antoine Toulme
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
TPTP: Eugene Chan Joanna Kubasta
WTP: Tim deBoer Dave Carver


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

  • Architecture Council/Meetings/December 10 2009
  • (old) Tools and Tech PMC's to encourage incubating grandfathered projects find a mentor; mentorless projects due to AC members quitting or falling dormant
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Dave C work with Wayne on a "handbook" for project criteria for becoming a committer (referencing committer guidelines)
  • (old) Dave C come up with a document how to save build resources
  • (old) Dave C to try bugzilla UNCONFIRMED state
  • Martin to file bug for asking Mik hyperlink Wikitext / crowdsourcing Docs handbook on the Architecture Council/Top Ten Project Development Practices page
  • Wayne to ask Sonatype about Nexus test installation
  • Wayne to try doing a 3.6m2 API Report on Helios m2
  • 'Ed to tell Cloudsmith about bug 283745 Maven
  • Ok green.gif Martin Ask PC to think about an "e4 ready" requirement for next year's train
  • Ok green.gif Martin Ask e4 team to pitch a migration talk at EclipseCon.
  • Wayne to ask EclipseCon PC/Donald if we can get a room for e4 Hack-a-thon (migration, creating plug-ins, etc.)
  • Wayne to discuss "e4 ready" marketing campaign with Ian.
  • Still open items moved to #Action Items

New Topics

  • e4 - current state of affairs

We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:

Items for next meeting

Regular briefing on the status of e4.

Old Topics

  • DaveC would like to discuss New Committer Guidelines; Scrum / Agile techniques
  • bug 285074 - Dave Carver - Hudsonbuilder and write access to the cvs / svn repo
  • bug 288721 - Sonar / Eclemma - Cedric Brun, Dave Carver
  • bug 283745 - Maven Repository at Eclipse
  • bug 288393 - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices
  • The art of project release naming - no bug yet ?!?

Action Items

  • (old) Martin to follow up on Architecture Diagrams idea
  • (old) Michael to flesh out the Patterns idea and remind the EAC -- started Architecture Council/Top Ten Recommendations#Design Patterns, backed by EclipseCon tutorial proposals
    • While these show how well-known GoF patterns are applied in Eclipse, Michael's idea was more to find and describe new patterns which are specific to Eclipse
  • (old) Michael to draft an E-Mail about the "plugin granularity" idea, searching for people to lead the effort
  • (old) Mik to create initial "architectural walkthrough" material for Mylyn -- 1 wiki page not too large, send link to the mailing list

Next Meeting

  • Architecture Council/Meetings/January 14 2010