Architecture Council/Meetings/January 10 2013
< Architecture Council | Meetings
Revision as of 12:51, 10 January 2013 by Martin.oberhuber.windriver.com
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday January 10, 2013 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|DTP:||Brian Payton||Linda Chan|
|Eclipse:||Mike Wilson|| John Arthorne|
|Modeling:||Ed Merks|| Cédric Brun|
|Mylyn:||Steffen Pingel||Mik Kersten|
|RT:||Christian Campo||Tom Watson|
|SOA:||Adrian Mos||Sebastien Gandon|
|Technology:||Gunnar Wagenknecht||Wayne Beaton|
|Tools:||Doug Schaefer|| |
|WTP:||Chuck Bridgham|| Dave Carver|
- Signed-Up: Wayne Beaton, Ian Bull, Doug Clarke, Neil Hauge, Markus Knauer, Martin O, Brian Payton, Steffen Pingel, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Eike Stepper, Krum Tsvetkov, Tom Watson
- Regrets: John Arthorne, Christian Campo, Dave Carver, Sebastien Gandon, Adrian Mos, Andrew Overholt, Gunnar Wagenknecht
- No-Show: Chris Aniszczyk, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Chuck Bridgham, Cédric Brun, Benjamin Cabé, Linda Chan, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Achim Loerke, Ed Merks, Mary Ruddy, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Tom Schindl, David Williams, Mike Wilson
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- Krum bug 397644 How to contribute documentation
- Follow-up offline on the bug, fine-tuning the guide and finding a place for it - BIG THANKS to Krum for getting things started
- John / Wayne : Process Diet
- Postpone to next month, follow up on the mailing list with initial thoughts, to prepare
- Wayne : Eclipse Data Centre Move
- Physically moving Servers on Feb 9, expect to be back up on Feb 10; IP addresses will change
- Wayne : PMI (Project-Management-Interface)
- Create a snapshot of the current Portal and put it into the Drupal-based PMI by end of the month
- Pre-populate data with current meta-info from the Portal
- System already used today on the LocationTech Forge
- Please try http://projects.eclipse.org and provide feedback (Create Community/Project Bugzilla or the AC mailing list)
- Some Portal functionality is not quite ready yet, eg Simrel tracking
- Voting in place (can be used) but does not send E-Mails yet
- Tagging / Search is in place
- Linking up the "Contributing" box against project-specific "How to contribute" as written up by Krum would be a great idea
- Statistics from project Dash not 100% accurate (eg when moving to a different company, the new company gets all the credit)
- Ian Bull: bug 397237 CVS read-only access
- Committers cannot connect anonymously to read-only CVS, some people are affected in their builds
- Martin: Using an old workspace with CVS projects (maybe just for browsing), re-importing from git is quite some effort .. this affects consumers
- Wayne: Not much compassion ... projects knew long enough ... something has to go away eventually, when do we turn the switch ? In 6 months or when ?
- Why not simply keep running read-only, why shutting down ? - continue discussion on the bug. Would need a really compelling argument to keep an obsolete service running.
- Michael S: Servers and services are also changing... the world is changing. Can't keep everything alive forever.
- If we do see references to CVS that are bogus, please fix them !
- Eike Stepper: Any plans to change the client side of the git story ?
- Martin: EclipseCon 2013 AC Meeting
- A room is reserved for combined PC/AC meeting on Sunday (PC 2-4, combined PC+AC 4-5)
- Martin cannot attend this year, so will need somebody to head the meeting
- Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
- Wayne wants a plan by end of this quarter, to move Orbit off CVS (maybe using Maven, ...)
- To be discussed also at EclipseCon ... any ideas from AC members ? Please let us know on the AC mailing list
- Updates from the Board or the EMO
- Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
- (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
- (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
- (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
- (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated