Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/February 13 2014"

(General Topics)
(All Attendees)
Line 71: Line 71:
 
===All Attendees===
 
===All Attendees===
  
* '''Regrets:''' Martin O, Linda Chan
+
* '''Regrets:''' Martin O, Linda Chan, Gunnar Wagenknecht
  
 
<!--
 
<!--

Revision as of 11:54, 13 February 2014

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday February 13, 2014 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, others - see Asterisk/Numbers

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Eike Stepper
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
Doug Clarke
Ian Bull
SOA: Adrian Mos Marc Dutoo
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Neil Hauge

All Attendees

  • Regrets: Martin O, Linda Chan, Gunnar Wagenknecht


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • Please fill in here
  • Council meeting at EclipseCon - Sunday March 16 at 1600-1700 (joint meeting with Planning Council)
    • Desire for any additional meetings ?

General Topics

  • Welcome Bernd Kolb
  • Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
  • Marcel: Logging at Eclipse
    • AFAICT SLF4J allows reading the configuration and dynamic reconfiguration of the system (with limitations). Proposing
      • a small "logging center" based on SLF4J that allows to change log levels at runtime,
      • offering a GSOC to create a prototype which can be presented to the larger eclipse community to drive the discussion.
      • Goal/question for this meeting: is SLF4J the technology a broader logging solution should be based on?
  • New member candidates
  • Updates from the Board or the EMO

Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting