Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/February 13 2014"

(All Attendees)
 
Line 29: Line 29:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''BIRT:'''  
 
| '''BIRT:'''  
| Wenfeng Li
+
| <strike>Wenfeng Li</strike>
| Wenbin He
+
| <strike>Wenbin He</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''DTP:'''  
 
| '''DTP:'''  
 
| Brian Payton
 
| Brian Payton
| Linda Chan
+
| <strike>Linda Chan</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Eclipse:'''  
 
| '''Eclipse:'''  
| Mike Wilson
+
| <strike>Mike Wilson</strike>
| John Arthorne
+
| <strike>John Arthorne</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Modeling:'''  
 
| '''Modeling:'''  
| Ed Merks
+
| <strike>Ed Merks</strike>
| Cédric Brun<br>Eike Stepper
+
| <strike>Cédric Brun</strike><br>Eike Stepper
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Mylyn:'''  
 
| '''Mylyn:'''  
 
| Steffen Pingel
 
| Steffen Pingel
| Mik Kersten
+
| <strike>Mik Kersten</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''RT:'''  
 
| '''RT:'''  
| Christian Campo
+
| <strike>Christian Campo</strike>
| Tom Watson<br>Doug Clarke<br>Ian Bull
+
| Tom Watson<br><strike>Doug Clarke</strike><br><strike>Ian Bull</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''SOA:'''  
 
| '''SOA:'''  
| Adrian Mos
+
| <strike>Adrian Mos</strike>
| Marc Dutoo
+
| <strike>Marc Dutoo</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Technology:'''  
 
| '''Technology:'''  
| Gunnar Wagenknecht
+
| <strike>Gunnar Wagenknecht</strike>
 
| Wayne Beaton
 
| Wayne Beaton
 
|-
 
|-
Line 66: Line 66:
 
| '''WTP:'''  
 
| '''WTP:'''  
 
| Chuck Bridgham
 
| Chuck Bridgham
| Neil Hauge
+
| <strike>Neil Hauge</strike>
 
|}
 
|}
  
 
===All Attendees===
 
===All Attendees===
  
* '''Regrets:''' Martin O, Linda Chan, Gunnar Wagenknecht
+
* '''In attendance:''' Steffen Pingel, Eike Stepper, Michael Scharf, Chuck Bridgham, Brian Payton, Andrew Overholt, Jonas Helming, Krum Tsvetkov, Marcel Bruch, Tom Watson, Doug Schaefer
 
+
* '''Regrets:''' Martin O, Linda Chan, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Denis Roy, Maximilian Kögel, Benjamin Cabé, Neil Hauge
<!--
+
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Ian Bull, Christian Campo, Dave Carver, Doug Clarke, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Achim Lörke, Markus Knauer, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Bernd Kolb
* '''Signed-Up:''' Chuck Bridgham, Marcel Bruch, Neil Hauge, Jonas Helming, Bernd Kolb, Steffen Pingel, Denis Roy, Michael Scharf, Eike Stepper, Krum Tsvetkov, David Williams
+
* '''Regrets:''' Andrew Overholt, Doug Schaefer
+
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Ian Bull, Benjamin Cabé, Christian Campo, Dave Carver, Doug Clarke, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Achim Lörke, Markus Knauer, Maximilian Kögel, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Brian Payton, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson, Mike Wilson
+
-->
+
  
 
== Agenda / Notes  ==
 
== Agenda / Notes  ==
Line 93: Line 89:
  
 
* Council meeting at EclipseCon - Sunday March 16 at 1600-1700 (joint meeting with Planning Council)
 
* Council meeting at EclipseCon - Sunday March 16 at 1600-1700 (joint meeting with Planning Council)
** Desire for any additional meetings ?
+
** Wayne and Ian will set the agenda and run the meeting. See you there!
 +
** No desire expressed for any additional meetings.
  
 
=== General Topics ===
 
=== General Topics ===
  
 
* Welcome Bernd Kolb
 
* Welcome Bernd Kolb
 +
** Bernd was not on the call, so Wayne took a few minutes to talk about Bernd's past and ongoing contributions to the AC. Bernd had represented a strategic member on the AC in the past; he probably should have been nominated immediately after that role was changed as he was an active mentor at the time. This is something that we need to keep in mind in the future.
 
* '''Eclipse Infrastructure''' - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
 
* '''Eclipse Infrastructure''' - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
 +
** Wayne discussed some of the work that's been done by the IT team with regard to hosting project repositories on GitHub, including hooks to check for CLAs, and set up GitHub groups to ensure that only designated committers can push to official project repositories.
 
* Marcel: '''Logging at Eclipse'''
 
* Marcel: '''Logging at Eclipse'''
 
** AFAICT SLF4J allows reading the configuration and dynamic reconfiguration of the system (with limitations). Proposing  
 
** AFAICT SLF4J allows reading the configuration and dynamic reconfiguration of the system (with limitations). Proposing  
Line 105: Line 104:
 
*** Goal/question for this meeting: is SLF4J the technology a broader logging solution should be based on?
 
*** Goal/question for this meeting: is SLF4J the technology a broader logging solution should be based on?
 
* New member candidates
 
* New member candidates
 +
** Three new members were discussed. Doug and Andrew will formally nominate one, Wayne will formally nominate the others.
 
* '''Updates from the Board or the EMO'''
 
* '''Updates from the Board or the EMO'''
 +
** No board members were in attendance.
 +
** Wayne offered that he informally understands that the revisions to the EDP have been approved by the board.
  
 
== Action Items  ==
 
== Action Items  ==
  
 +
*No new action items.
 
*Cleaned up old action items, see [[Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011]] for old stuff  
 
*Cleaned up old action items, see [[Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011]] for old stuff  
 
*(''old'') '''Tim''' write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API  
 
*(''old'') '''Tim''' write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API  

Latest revision as of 12:20, 13 February 2014

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday February 13, 2014 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, others - see Asterisk/Numbers

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Eike Stepper
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
Doug Clarke
Ian Bull
SOA: Adrian Mos Marc Dutoo
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Neil Hauge

All Attendees

  • In attendance: Steffen Pingel, Eike Stepper, Michael Scharf, Chuck Bridgham, Brian Payton, Andrew Overholt, Jonas Helming, Krum Tsvetkov, Marcel Bruch, Tom Watson, Doug Schaefer
  • Regrets: Martin O, Linda Chan, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Denis Roy, Maximilian Kögel, Benjamin Cabé, Neil Hauge
  • No-Show: Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Ian Bull, Christian Campo, Dave Carver, Doug Clarke, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Achim Lörke, Markus Knauer, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Bernd Kolb

Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • Please fill in here
  • Council meeting at EclipseCon - Sunday March 16 at 1600-1700 (joint meeting with Planning Council)
    • Wayne and Ian will set the agenda and run the meeting. See you there!
    • No desire expressed for any additional meetings.

General Topics

  • Welcome Bernd Kolb
    • Bernd was not on the call, so Wayne took a few minutes to talk about Bernd's past and ongoing contributions to the AC. Bernd had represented a strategic member on the AC in the past; he probably should have been nominated immediately after that role was changed as he was an active mentor at the time. This is something that we need to keep in mind in the future.
  • Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
    • Wayne discussed some of the work that's been done by the IT team with regard to hosting project repositories on GitHub, including hooks to check for CLAs, and set up GitHub groups to ensure that only designated committers can push to official project repositories.
  • Marcel: Logging at Eclipse
    • AFAICT SLF4J allows reading the configuration and dynamic reconfiguration of the system (with limitations). Proposing
      • a small "logging center" based on SLF4J that allows to change log levels at runtime,
      • offering a GSOC to create a prototype which can be presented to the larger eclipse community to drive the discussion.
      • Goal/question for this meeting: is SLF4J the technology a broader logging solution should be based on?
  • New member candidates
    • Three new members were discussed. Doug and Andrew will formally nominate one, Wayne will formally nominate the others.
  • Updates from the Board or the EMO
    • No board members were in attendance.
    • Wayne offered that he informally understands that the revisions to the EDP have been approved by the board.

Action Items

  • No new action items.
  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting