Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/February 11 2010"

(Review of Last Meeting)
Line 65: Line 65:
 
* '''Signed-up:''' John Arthorne, Boris Bokowski, Eugene Chan, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Tim deBoer, Oisin Hurley, Andrew Overholt, Martin O, Brian Payton, Mary Ruddy, Doug Schaefer, Mike Wilson, Darin Wright
 
* '''Signed-up:''' John Arthorne, Boris Bokowski, Eugene Chan, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Tim deBoer, Oisin Hurley, Andrew Overholt, Martin O, Brian Payton, Mary Ruddy, Doug Schaefer, Mike Wilson, Darin Wright
 
* '''Regrets:''' Wayne Beaton, Nick Boldt (phone problems), Cédric Brun (conflict), Dave Carver, Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Mik Kersten (conflict), Markus Knauer (travelling), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Ed Merks (travelling), Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl (travelling), Darin Swanson, Sebastian Voigt, Gunnar Wagenknecht (vacation), Tom Watson (travelling), Oliver Wolf
 
* '''Regrets:''' Wayne Beaton, Nick Boldt (phone problems), Cédric Brun (conflict), Dave Carver, Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Mik Kersten (conflict), Markus Knauer (travelling), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Ed Merks (travelling), Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl (travelling), Darin Swanson, Sebastian Voigt, Gunnar Wagenknecht (vacation), Tom Watson (travelling), Oliver Wolf
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, Adrian Colyer, Sven Efftinge, John Graham, Neil Hauge, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Mike Milinkovich, Antoine Toulme, Dave Williams, Gary Xue
+
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, Adrian Colyer, Sven Efftinge, Neil Hauge, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Mike Milinkovich, Antoine Toulme, Dave Williams, Gary Xue
* '''Pending Dormant:''' Adrian Colyer, Sven Efftinge, John Graham, Jeff McAffer
+
* '''Pending Dormant:''' Adrian Colyer, Sven Efftinge
 
-->
 
-->
  
Line 78: Line 78:
 
* (''old'') '''Ed''' to tell Cloudsmith about {{bug|283745}} Maven
 
* (''old'') '''Ed''' to tell Cloudsmith about {{bug|283745}} Maven
 
* (''old'') '''Martin''' to file bug for asking Mik hyperlink Wikitext / crowdsourcing Docs handbook on the [[Architecture Council/Top Ten Project Development Practices]] page
 
* (''old'') '''Martin''' to file bug for asking Mik hyperlink Wikitext / crowdsourcing Docs handbook on the [[Architecture Council/Top Ten Project Development Practices]] page
* '''Andrew''' to follow up with more info for Martin about switching target platform docs in linuxtools
+
* [[Image:Ok_green.gif]] '''Andrew''' to follow up with more info for Martin about switching target platform docs in linuxtools
* '''Andrew''' to file bug for better documenting "git at Eclipse for dummiees" and add bug number to AC notes -> {{bug|299663}}
+
* [[Image:Ok_green.gif]] '''Andrew''' to file bug for better documenting "git at Eclipse for dummiees" and add bug number to AC notes -> {{bug|299663}}
 
* '''Tim''' write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
 
* '''Tim''' write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
* '''Martin''' to investigate status of the Eclipse [[Nexus Project]]
+
* [[Image:Ok_green.gif]] '''Martin''' to investigate status of the Eclipse [[Nexus Project]] -> According to costa, the Nexus project "died on the vine" due to not getting enough interested parties. Kosta is in favor of improving Eclipse / Website infrastructure to make it simple enough for even small components to be a full project.
 
* Still open items moved to [[#Action Items]]
 
* Still open items moved to [[#Action Items]]
  

Revision as of 05:07, 20 January 2010

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday February 11, 2010 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: NEW Canada 1-877-727-8553 toll free / 1-416-840-9801 caller paid
NEW U.S. 1-866-394-4146 toll free / 1-480-629-1624 caller paid
NEW passcode 428029063

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Gary Xue
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
DSDP: Martin Oberhuber
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
RT: Jeff McAffer Tom Watson
STP: Antoine Toulme Oisin Hurley
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
TPTP: Eugene Chan Joanna Kubasta (unofficial)
WTP: Tim deBoer Dave Carver
  • Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict)


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

  • Architecture Council/Meetings/January 14 2010
  • (old) Wayne to ask EclipseCon PC/Donald if we can get a room for e4 Hack-a-thon (migration, creating plug-ins, etc.)
  • (old) Wayne to discuss "e4 ready" marketing campaign with Ian.
  • (old) Ed to tell Cloudsmith about bug 283745 Maven
  • (old) Martin to file bug for asking Mik hyperlink Wikitext / crowdsourcing Docs handbook on the Architecture Council/Top Ten Project Development Practices page
  • Ok green.gif Andrew to follow up with more info for Martin about switching target platform docs in linuxtools
  • Ok green.gif Andrew to file bug for better documenting "git at Eclipse for dummiees" and add bug number to AC notes -> bug 299663
  • Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • Ok green.gif Martin to investigate status of the Eclipse Nexus Project -> According to costa, the Nexus project "died on the vine" due to not getting enough interested parties. Kosta is in favor of improving Eclipse / Website infrastructure to make it simple enough for even small components to be a full project.
  • Still open items moved to #Action Items

New Topics

e4 - current state of affairs

Items for next meeting

Regular briefing on the status of e4.

Old Topics

We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:

  • DaveC would like to discuss New Committer Guidelines; Scrum / Agile techniques
  • bug 285074 - Dave Carver - Hudsonbuilder and write access to the cvs / svn repo
  • bug 283745 - Maven Repository at Eclipse
  • bug 288393 - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices
  • The art of project release naming - no bug yet ?!?

Action Items

  • (old) Martin to follow up on Architecture Diagrams idea
  • (old) Michael to flesh out the Patterns idea and remind the EAC -- started Architecture Council/Top Ten Recommendations#Design Patterns, backed by EclipseCon tutorial proposals
    • While these show how well-known GoF patterns are applied in Eclipse, Michael's idea was more to find and describe new patterns which are specific to Eclipse
  • (old) Michael to draft an E-Mail about the "plugin granularity" idea, searching for people to lead the effort
  • (old) Tools and Tech PMC's to encourage incubating grandfathered projects find a mentor; mentorless projects due to AC members quitting or falling dormant
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Mik to create initial "architectural walkthrough" material for Mylyn -- 1 wiki page not too large, send link to the mailing list
  • (old) Dave C work with Wayne on a "handbook" for project criteria for becoming a committer (referencing committer guidelines)
  • (old) Dave C come up with a document how to save build resources
  • (old) Dave C to try bugzilla UNCONFIRMED state
  • (old) Wayne to ask Sonatype about Nexus test installation
  • (old) Wayne to try doing a 3.6m2 API Report on Helios m2

Next Meeting