Architecture Council/Meetings/December 12 2013
< Architecture Council | Meetings
Revision as of 13:09, 12 December 2013 by Mober.at+eclipse.gmail.com
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday December 12, 2013 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|RT:||Christian Campo|| |
- Signed-Up: Wayne Beaton, Marcel Bruch, Ian Bull, Christian Campo, Linda Chan, Martin O, Denis Roy, Michael Scharf, Eike Stepper,
- Special Guest: Ian Skerret
- Regrets: Chuck Bridgham, Benjamin Cabé, Neil Hauge, Jonas Helming, Achim Lörke, Markus Knauer, Maximilian Kögel, Ed Merks, Andrew Overholt, Steffen Pingel, Doug Schaefer, Krum Tsvetkov, Gunnar Wagenknecht
- No-Show: Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Doug Clarke, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Brian Payton, Tom Watson, David Williams
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- Welcome Marcel Bruch
Ian: New Logo
- Review design concepts of a new Eclipse logo [Ian Skerrett will participate]
- Technical Feedback - Example: Platform team said "We also need it monochrome"
- Design A
- Marcel: Favorite most - easy to print etc
- Appreciate the new color, new font - looks very clean
- Design B
- Not sure how it addresses original goals - lot going on (radiance, ...)
- Design C
- Reminds of a logo expected when typing Eclipse.org wrong and hitting a "foreign" site ... too different than what we have today
- Maybe try again the idea, but with different colors eg orange and purple
- Design D
- Font OK, but the Logo doesn't appeal .. too much going on, too busy
- "If you had to Pick One?"
- Responses: A,A,A (maybe slight variation in color eg colors from C) though B is almost as good
- Will there be a Web Redesign as part of the Logo Redesign ?
- Yes, want to be done in time for Luna
Marcel: Logging at Eclipse
- See bug 358968: Different log providers in use at various projects ... commons.logging, log4j, slf4j, ...
- Makes it hard for product builders to configure global logging
- Makes it hard to properly wire up components
- Looking for advice for new projects
- See also Architecture_Council/Meetings/June_14_2012, AC ML Archive
- NEXT STEPS: Marcel agrees to drive this, preparing material for a discussion in Jan or Feb
Denis: Code Signing
- Simrel participation requires code signing - request all Eclipse.org projects to sign their release builds ?
- Would need to have operation super easy ... description,
- Would need to have VALUE to projects / community very clear. Usually, we make projects responsible for their own communities... what is the
- The less clear the value, the more easy must be the operation
- Suggestion by Marcel : Will ask releng, could be super easy for Maven
- NEXT STEPS: Marcel reach out to Releng, "how to sign in Maven" Blog Post
- Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
- Updates from the Board or the EMO
- Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
- (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
- (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
- (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated