Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Architecture Council/Meetings/December 11 2014

< Architecture Council‎ | Meetings
Revision as of 12:33, 11 December 2014 by Mober.at+eclipse.gmail.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday December 11, 2014 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, others - see Asterisk/Numbers

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Eike Stepper
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
Doug Clarke
Ian Bull
SOA: Adrian Mos Marc Dutoo
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Neil Hauge

All Attendees

  • In attendance: Wayne Beaton, Jonas Helming, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Krum Tsvetkov,


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
  • Wayne: JSR's : Having a seat on the JCP, JSR voting summary sent on the AC mailing list - wanted to confirm that these are useful
    • Jonas please continue sending ! - Considered helpful.
  • Wayne: Mentors - input needed !
  • Wayne: Rev-up of the EDP - considers a slightly more radical rev-up of the EDP early next year
    • OSS Rules of Engangement and the IP Policy considered unchangeable, but all the rest is up for discussion
    • Considers completely removing
  • Martin: Asterisk connectivity issues
    • Martin: US freephone breaking up badly ... issues with 3rd party dialin providers
    • Denis: SIP is the only option going to the server directly
    • AI Denis send out a reminder on SIP as an option for Asterisk phone conferences
  • Denis: Disguised Malware appearing in Gerrit
    • bug 375350 Byte-encoded EXE file got picked up by Hudson and got built ... might cause risk if tests are executed
    • Got submitted by somebody who actually had signed the CLA ...
    • Suggestion for Committers to validate a submission to be safe before autobuild can kick in
  • Martin: Feedback from Eike - gave up on investigating what happened to the ID's in the Committers package
  • Jonas: Can one project announce multiple contributions to simrel ?
    • Wayne: More of a Planning Council details (eg Eclipse 3.8 and 4.0 was an exception)
    • In general, as long as everybody communicates, we are fine.

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • Doug: TM Project
  • New Member Votes - Action from Past Meeting
    • AI Wayne nominate one, AI Martin finalize the other
  • Eike: Committers-package follow-up ? - AI Martin follow up with Eike
  • Wayne: eclipse-vision mailing list
    • Had a meeting at EclipseCon Europe, owe an Article for the Eclipse Newsgroup ... AI Wayne post a preview of that to the AC

General Topics

  • New AC Member candidates
  • Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
  • Updates from the Board or the EMO

Action Items

  • No new action items.
  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting

Back to the top