Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/December 10 2015"

 
Line 30: Line 30:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''BIRT:'''  
 
| '''BIRT:'''  
| Wenfeng Li
+
| <strike>Wenfeng Li</strike>
| Wenbin He
+
| <strike>Wenbin He</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''DTP:'''  
 
| '''DTP:'''  
| Brian Payton
+
| <strike>Brian Payton</strike>
| Linda Chan
+
| <strike>Linda Chan</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Eclipse:'''  
 
| '''Eclipse:'''  
| Mike Wilson
+
| <strike>Mike Wilson</strike>
 
| John Arthorne
 
| John Arthorne
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Modeling:'''  
 
| '''Modeling:'''  
| Ed Merks
+
| <strike>Ed Merks</strike>
| Cédric Brun<br>Eike Stepper
+
| <strike>Cédric Brun</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Mylyn:'''  
 
| '''Mylyn:'''  
| Steffen Pingel
+
| <strike>Steffen Pingel</strike>
| Mik Kersten
+
| <strike>Mik Kersten</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''RT:'''  
 
| '''RT:'''  
 
| Christian Campo
 
| Christian Campo
| Tom Watson<br>Doug Clarke<br>Ian Bull
+
| <strike>Tom Watson</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''SOA:'''  
 
| '''SOA:'''  
| Adrian Mos
+
| <strike>Adrian Mos</strike>
| Marc Dutoo
+
| <strike>Marc Dutoo</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Technology:'''  
 
| '''Technology:'''  
| Gunnar Wagenknecht
+
| <strike>Gunnar Wagenknecht</strike>
 
| Wayne Beaton
 
| Wayne Beaton
 
|-
 
|-
Line 66: Line 66:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''WTP:'''  
 
| '''WTP:'''  
| Chuck Bridgham
+
| <strike>Chuck Bridgham</strike>
| Neil Hauge
+
| <strike>Neil Hauge</strike>
 
|}
 
|}
  
Line 123: Line 123:
 
* '''AI Martin''' send link to the previous top 10 recommendations
 
* '''AI Martin''' send link to the previous top 10 recommendations
  
==== (Marcel) FEEP Recommendations ====
+
==== Marcel: FEEP Recommendations ====
  
 
* (Marcel) Resolution of the AC recommendations for the first Iteration of FEEP
 
* (Marcel) Resolution of the AC recommendations for the first Iteration of FEEP
 
** Proposal to forward the Google Doc sheet to EMO without further discussion
 
** Proposal to forward the Google Doc sheet to EMO without further discussion
 
** Agreement that the voting process was fair and needs no further discussion --&gt; '''AI Marcel''' send sheet to the EMO
 
** Agreement that the voting process was fair and needs no further discussion --&gt; '''AI Marcel''' send sheet to the EMO
 
<!---
 
=== General Topics ===
 
 
* '''New AC Member candidates'''
 
* '''Eclipse Infrastructure''' - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
 
* '''Updates from the Board or the EMO'''
 
 
== Action Items  ==
 
 
*No new action items.
 
*Cleaned up old action items, see [[Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011]] for old stuff
 
*(''old'') '''Tim''' write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
 
*(''old'') '''Martin''' revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
 
*(''old'') '''Martin''' {{bug|315210}} Make the AC mailing list open / moderated
 
--->
 
  
 
== Next Meeting  ==
 
== Next Meeting  ==

Latest revision as of 12:47, 10 December 2015

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday Dec 10, 2015 at 1100 Ottawa
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • Switzerland (local call anywhere in Switzerland) +41-44-580-2115
  • Spain, Sweden, others - see Asterisk/Numbers

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
SOA: Adrian Mos Marc Dutoo
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Neil Hauge

All Attendees

  • In attendance: John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Marcel Bruch (joined late), Christian Campo, Maximilian Kögel, Martin Lippert, Dani Megert, Martin O, Pascal Rapicault, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Krum Tsvetkov, David Williams,
  • Regrets: Alex Kurtakov, Jonas Helming, Eike Stepper, Lars Vogel


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • Feel free to fill in, but not during the meeting :)
  • (Wayne) New member nominations (please bring a list of names to the next meeting) -- quick discussion, Wayne will nominate

Wayne: Know your Projects Proposal

  • (Wayne) Know (y)our projects: should we have project leads deliver short presentations during this meeting (to better understand the projects that we serve).
  • Vladimir from the Handley project - frustration around no visiblity in the Eclipse Community
  • Could be a win-win situation with a 10 min "elevator pitch" to the AC - raise awareness with the projects
    • Doug: Could we do that with MeetUps? - IoT MeetUp went pretty well
    • Wayne: A 1-hour meeting is great for going in depth, but probably not what we want here
    • John: For Handley, the value proposition is quite abstract (people building language tooling)
    • Michael: 10-minute video with the Elevator Pitch ? - Wayne agrees, video channel helps a lot but doing videos is time consuming
  • Pascal: If projects want to be heard, why don't they submit to EclipseCon?
  • RESOLUTION: Posting a 10-min video is likely more efficient than presenting to the AC where there's just a few people.
    • AI Wayne to create channel

Wayne: EclipseCon

  • (Wayne) EclipseCon
    • F2F meeting - Doodle Poll set up but only a handful responses so far, please submit
    • Michael: ECon Videos? - ECE should have all videos up except two. EC NA just recording in 2 rooms.

Role of the AC

  • Recent postings by Ed Merks on cross-projects ignited some architecture related (online) discussions
    • Why don't we have such discussions on the AC Calls ?
    • Committers don't know an AC exists
  • Maybe a 2-day F2F meeting is overdue, to come up with 10 or 20 concrete recommendations that projects should do
    • Pascal suggests a Form for committers to ask "How do I..." kind of questions
    • Doug: The new Mattermost initiative has great potential hooking folks together
  • Martin: Recommendations make sense where an issue hurts?
  • AI Martin send link to the previous top 10 recommendations

Marcel: FEEP Recommendations

  • (Marcel) Resolution of the AC recommendations for the first Iteration of FEEP
    • Proposal to forward the Google Doc sheet to EMO without further discussion
    • Agreement that the voting process was fair and needs no further discussion --> AI Marcel send sheet to the EMO

Next Meeting

Back to the top