Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/August 8 2013"

 
(5 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 29: Line 29:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''BIRT:'''  
 
| '''BIRT:'''  
| Wenfeng Li
+
| <strike>Wenfeng Li</strike>
| Wenbin He
+
| <strike>Wenbin He</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''DTP:'''  
 
| '''DTP:'''  
 
| Brian Payton
 
| Brian Payton
| Linda Chan
+
| <strike>Linda Chan</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Eclipse:'''  
 
| '''Eclipse:'''  
| Mike Wilson
+
| <strike>Mike Wilson</strike>
| John Arthorne<br>Boris Bokowski
+
| <strike>John Arthorne</strike><br><strike>Boris Bokowski</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Modeling:'''  
 
| '''Modeling:'''  
 
| Ed Merks
 
| Ed Merks
| Cédric Brun<br>Sven Efftinge<br>Eike Stepper
+
| <strike>Cédric Brun</strike><br><strike>Sven Efftinge</strike><br>Eike Stepper
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Mylyn:'''  
 
| '''Mylyn:'''  
| Steffen Pingel
+
| <strike>Steffen Pingel</strike>
| Mik Kersten
+
| <strike>Mik Kersten</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''RT:'''  
 
| '''RT:'''  
| Christian Campo
+
| <strike>Christian Campo</strike>
| Tom Watson<br>Doug Clarke<br>Ian Bull
+
| <strike>Tom Watson</strike><br><strike>Doug Clarke</strike><br>Ian Bull
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''SOA:'''  
 
| '''SOA:'''  
| Adrian Mos
+
| <strike>Adrian Mos</strike>
| Marc Dutoo<br>Sebastien Gandon
+
| <strike>Marc Dutoo</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Technology:'''  
 
| '''Technology:'''  
| Gunnar Wagenknecht
+
| <strike>Gunnar Wagenknecht</strike>
 
| Wayne Beaton
 
| Wayne Beaton
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Tools:'''  
 
| '''Tools:'''  
| Doug Schaefer  
+
| <strike>Doug Schaefer</strike>
 
| <br>
 
| <br>
 
|-
 
|-
Line 71: Line 71:
 
===All Attendees===
 
===All Attendees===
  
* '''Signed-Up:''' Wayne Beaton, Ian Bull, Neil Hauge, Achim Loerke, Ed Merks, Martin O, Andrew Overholt, Brian Payton, Eike Stepper, Krum Tsvetkov, David Williams, * '''Regrets:''' John Arthorne (vacation), Benjamin Cabé, Christian Campo, Markus Knauer, Adrian Mos, Doug Schaefer, Gunnar Wagenknecht
+
* '''Signed-Up:''' Wayne Beaton, Ian Bull, Neil Hauge, Achim Loerke, Ed Merks, Martin O, Andrew Overholt, Brian Payton, Eike Stepper, Krum Tsvetkov, David Williams
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Chuck Bridgham, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Sebastien Gandon, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Steffen Pingel, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Tom Watson, Mike Wilson
+
* '''Regrets:''' John Arthorne (vacation), Benjamin Cabé, Christian Campo, Markus Knauer, Adrian Mos, Doug Schaefer, Gunnar Wagenknecht
 +
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Chuck Bridgham, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Steffen Pingel, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Tom Watson, Mike Wilson
  
 
== Agenda / Notes  ==
 
== Agenda / Notes  ==
Line 88: Line 89:
 
** Wayne to provide a draft for review by end of 2013Q3 (October)
 
** Wayne to provide a draft for review by end of 2013Q3 (October)
 
** Need to incorporate CLA's; bunch of bugs already open
 
** Need to incorporate CLA's; bunch of bugs already open
** Please comment on bugs of interest or open new ones; all bugs filed against AC with a prefix '''AI Wayne''' put URL with bugzilla query into the meeting notes
+
** Please comment on bugs of interest or open new ones; all bugs filed against AC with a prefix <strike>'''AI Wayne''' put URL with bugzilla query into the meeting notes</strike>
 +
*** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?list_id=6515986&short_desc=%5BEDP%5D&query_format=advanced&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr EDP Bugzilla records]
  
 
* [Wayne] New member nomination process (do we have this captured somewhere?)
 
* [Wayne] New member nomination process (do we have this captured somewhere?)
Line 103: Line 105:
 
** Many adopters don't care too much about new features but do care about Service Releases to increase quality
 
** Many adopters don't care too much about new features but do care about Service Releases to increase quality
 
*** New Features in SR's ... often been done in the past, eg Platform Java8 stuff, ...
 
*** New Features in SR's ... often been done in the past, eg Platform Java8 stuff, ...
*** Different consumers have different requirments ... projects which shoot for more frequent releases are probably just missing a delivery channel ? Eg simply more frequent EPP releases ?
+
*** Different consumers have different requirements ... projects which shoot for more frequent releases are probably just missing a delivery channel ? Eg simply more frequent EPP releases ?
 
** Andrew: Whatever the PC decides in terms of process, it's going to take a while for projects to align
 
** Andrew: Whatever the PC decides in terms of process, it's going to take a while for projects to align
 
** MUST allow projects to have a longer schedule
 
** MUST allow projects to have a longer schedule
** Markus: We've always seen interoperability issues in the past; can't do more packages with good quality due to lack of testing resources.
+
** Achim: We've always seen interoperability issues in the past; can't do more packages with good quality due to lack of testing resources.
  
 
* [Ian] Should projects include their source bundles on the train repo ?
 
* [Ian] Should projects include their source bundles on the train repo ?

Latest revision as of 13:37, 9 August 2013

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday August 8, 2013 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, others - see Asterisk/Numbers

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Eike Stepper
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
Doug Clarke
Ian Bull
SOA: Adrian Mos Marc Dutoo
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge

All Attendees

  • Signed-Up: Wayne Beaton, Ian Bull, Neil Hauge, Achim Loerke, Ed Merks, Martin O, Andrew Overholt, Brian Payton, Eike Stepper, Krum Tsvetkov, David Williams
  • Regrets: John Arthorne (vacation), Benjamin Cabé, Christian Campo, Markus Knauer, Adrian Mos, Doug Schaefer, Gunnar Wagenknecht
  • No-Show: Chris Aniszczyk, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Chuck Bridgham, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Steffen Pingel, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Tom Watson, Mike Wilson

Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • [Wayne] Eclipse Development Process revision 2013
    • Wayne to provide a draft for review by end of 2013Q3 (October)
    • Need to incorporate CLA's; bunch of bugs already open
    • Please comment on bugs of interest or open new ones; all bugs filed against AC with a prefix AI Wayne put URL with bugzilla query into the meeting notes
  • [Wayne] New member nomination process (do we have this captured somewhere?)
    • Nominate first on call, then on mailing list - Architecture_Council/Membership
    • After successful vote, results are brought by AC Lead to EMO(ED) for approval (via emo@eclipse.org)
    • AI Martin send nomination proposal to Mike / EMO
    • AI Wayne/Martin make process more easy to find on the Wiki, and send a reminder pointing to "process" to the mailing list
  • [Wayne] New "IDE" effort (Doug, really, but he won't be on the call)
  • [Martin] Idea for more frequent releases - update on yesterday's Planning Council discussion
    • Mostly about release train, and how to produce the EPP packages
    • Many adopters don't care too much about new features but do care about Service Releases to increase quality
      • New Features in SR's ... often been done in the past, eg Platform Java8 stuff, ...
      • Different consumers have different requirements ... projects which shoot for more frequent releases are probably just missing a delivery channel ? Eg simply more frequent EPP releases ?
    • Andrew: Whatever the PC decides in terms of process, it's going to take a while for projects to align
    • MUST allow projects to have a longer schedule
    • Achim: We've always seen interoperability issues in the past; can't do more packages with good quality due to lack of testing resources.
  • [Ian] Should projects include their source bundles on the train repo ?
    • Would be a recommendation but not a must-have

General Topics

  • Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
  • Updates from the Board or the EMO

Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting