Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/August 8 2013"
|Line 50:||Line 50:|
| <strike>Christian Campo</strike>
| <strike>Christian Campo</strike>
| <strike>Tom Watson</strike><br><
| <strike>Tom Watson</strike><br><strike>Doug Clarke<strike><br>Ian Bull
Revision as of 10:35, 8 August 2013
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday August 8, 2013 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|DTP:||Brian Payton|| |
|Modeling:||Ed Merks|| |
- Signed-Up: Wayne Beaton, Ian Bull, Neil Hauge, Achim Loerke, Ed Merks, Martin O, Andrew Overholt, Brian Payton, Eike Stepper, Krum Tsvetkov, David Williams
- Regrets: John Arthorne (vacation), Benjamin Cabé, Christian Campo, Markus Knauer, Adrian Mos, Doug Schaefer, Gunnar Wagenknecht
- No-Show: Chris Aniszczyk, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Chuck Bridgham, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Sebastien Gandon, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Steffen Pingel, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Tom Watson, Mike Wilson
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- [Wayne] Eclipse Development Process revision 2013
- Wayne to provide a draft for review by end of 2013Q3 (October)
- Need to incorporate CLA's; bunch of bugs already open
- Please comment on bugs of interest or open new ones; all bugs filed against AC with a prefix AI Wayne put URL with bugzilla query into the meeting notes
- [Wayne] New member nomination process (do we have this captured somewhere?)
- Nominate first on call, then on mailing list - Architecture_Council/Membership
- After successful vote, results are brought by AC Lead to EMO(ED) for approval (via email@example.com)
- AI Martin send nomination proposal to Mike / EMO
- AI Wayne/Martin make process more easy to find on the Wiki, and send a reminder pointing to "process" to the mailing list
- [Wayne] New "IDE" effort (Doug, really, but he won't be on the call)
- Recommend AC members joint the new ide-dev mailing list
- [Martin] Idea for more frequent releases - update on yesterday's Planning Council discussion
- Mostly about release train, and how to produce the EPP packages
- Many adopters don't care too much about new features but do care about Service Releases to increase quality
- New Features in SR's ... often been done in the past, eg Platform Java8 stuff, ...
- Different consumers have different requirments ... projects which shoot for more frequent releases are probably just missing a delivery channel ? Eg simply more frequent EPP releases ?
- Andrew: Whatever the PC decides in terms of process, it's going to take a while for projects to align
- MUST allow projects to have a longer schedule
- Markus: We've always seen interoperability issues in the past; can't do more packages with good quality due to lack of testing resources.
- [Ian] Should projects include their source bundles on the train repo ?
- Would be a recommendation but not a must-have
- Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
- Updates from the Board or the EMO
- Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
- (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
- (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
- (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated