Jump to: navigation, search

Architecture Council/Meetings/August 14 2014

< Architecture Council‎ | Meetings
Revision as of 14:57, 14 August 2014 by Denis.roy.eclipse.org (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday August 14, 2014 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, others - see Asterisk/Numbers

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Eike Stepper
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
Doug Clarke
Ian Bull
SOA: Adrian Mos Marc Dutoo
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Neil Hauge

All Attendees

  • In attendance: Wayne Beaton, Marcel Bruch, Ed Merks, Martin O, Denis Roy, Eike Stepper, Michael Scharf, Krum Tsvetkov, Tom Watson, David Williams
  • Regrets:


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • Welcome new AC members
  • Wayne: bug 441637 Maven Repo organization for LocationTech (Guest Speaker: Jody Garnett)

Denis: departure of Thanh Ha, release engineer

  • 1.5 more weeks to wrap up at Eclipse.org
  • DavidW: Might encourage Thanh to send out a "goodbye message" himself
  • Martin: Might combine such a message with a call to the Community for joining some "learning experience" with Thanh ... perhaps like a "CBI seminar" ?
    • AI Denis good idea, think about drafting a message
  • Good news is that CBI is in a MUCH better state now than before Thanh joined ... basically it "just works" now
  • Denis: CBI is a real project, there's also a mailing list...

Marcel: capturing stack traces

  • Calling Home policy, send stack traces automatically proposed on cross-project and epp-dev mailing lists
  • Maybe anonymize stack traces ... could this be integrated into Mars milestone builds
  • Wayne: involves some investment in resources... would be a waste if wouldn't be used, thus request general buy-in from the AC
    • Multiple stages: (1) buy-in, (2) legal review, (3) roll out for simrel train ASAP eg M2, (4) around M5 look back about whether it was useful
  • Marcel: Log Listener in errorlog view; any backtraces from org.eclipse sent to a vserver
    • Tom: This would not be in Platform, but on top of the Platform (EPP)
  • Martin: Sounds very valuable, and nicely complements the Eclipse Platform Plan item Surface more options on the Tracing preference page plan item
  • David W: Sounds like a very valuable tool even if only for committers
  • David Williams: UDC created tons of data but had no way analyzing it .. is the analysis part figured out ?
    • Marcel: Look for (plugin|errorcode) combinations that occur often, but such analysis will be manual work (on behalf of Marcel, eg send E-Mails)


  • RESOLUTION Wayne happy to move forward, taking the next step with Legal
  • Marcel: Where to report progress ?
    • Wayne: cross-project would have the broadest audience.


General Topics

  • New AC Member candidates
  • Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
  • Updates from the Board or the EMO

Action Items

  • No new action items.
  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting