Architecture Council/Meetings/August 14 2014
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday August 14, 2014 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|DTP:||Brian Payton|| |
|Mylyn:||Steffen Pingel|| |
|| Tom Watson|
|Tools:||Doug Schaefer|| |
|WTP:||Chuck Bridgham|| |
- In attendance: Wayne Beaton, Marcel Bruch, Ed Merks, Martin O, Denis Roy, Eike Stepper, Michael Scharf, Krum Tsvetkov, Tom Watson, David Williams
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- Welcome new AC members
- Wayne: bug 441637 Maven Repo organization for LocationTech (Guest Speaker: Jody Garnett)
Denis: departure of Thanh Ha, release engineer
- 1.5 more weeks to wrap up at Eclipse.org
- DavidW: Might encourage Thanh to send out a "goodbye message" himself
- Martin: Might combine such a message with a call to the Community for joining some "learning experience" with Thanh ... perhaps like a "CBI seminar" ?
- AI Denis good idea, think about drafting a message
- Good news is that CBI is in a MUCH better state now than before Thanh joined ... basically it "just works" now
- Denis: CBI is a real project, there's also a mailing list...
Marcel: capturing stack traces
- Calling Home policy, send stack traces automatically proposed on cross-project and epp-dev mailing lists
- Maybe anonymize stack traces ... could this be integrated into Mars milestone builds
- Wayne: involves some investment in resources... would be a waste if wouldn't be used, thus request general buy-in from the AC
- Multiple stages: (1) buy-in, (2) legal review, (3) roll out for simrel train ASAP eg M2, (4) around M5 look back about whether it was useful
- Marcel: Log Listener in errorlog view; any backtraces from org.eclipse sent to a vserver
- Tom: This would not be in Platform, but on top of the Platform (EPP)
- Martin: Sounds very valuable, and nicely complements the Eclipse Platform Plan item Surface more options on the Tracing preference page plan item
- David W: Sounds like a very valuable tool even if only for committers
- David Williams: UDC created tons of data but had no way analyzing it .. is the analysis part figured out ?
- Marcel: Look for (plugin|errorcode) combinations that occur often, but such analysis will be manual work (on behalf of Marcel, eg send E-Mails)
- RESOLUTION Wayne happy to move forward, taking the next step with Legal
- Marcel: Where to report progress ?
- Wayne: cross-project would have the broadest audience.
- New AC Member candidates
- Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
- Updates from the Board or the EMO
- No new action items.
- Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
- (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
- (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
- (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated