Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/August 10 2017"

Line 23: Line 23:
 
== Agenda / Notes  ==
 
== Agenda / Notes  ==
  
* Feel free to edit, but '''<font color="red">not during the call!</font>'''
 
 
* Last meeting: [[Architecture Council/Meetings/July 13 2017]] -- open actions see [[#Action_Items]]
 
* Last meeting: [[Architecture Council/Meetings/July 13 2017]] -- open actions see [[#Action_Items]]
  
* Mikael: Status on migrating Platform SWT Windows build to Foundation servers ?
+
* Mikael: Status on migrating '''Platform SWT Windows build to Foundation servers''' ?
 
** Dani: Not yet ready for broader discussion, there's license compliance issues and more.
 
** Dani: Not yet ready for broader discussion, there's license compliance issues and more.
  

Revision as of 11:28, 10 August 2017

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday August 10, 2017 at 1100 Ottawa
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal

Attendees

  • In attendance: Carl Anderson, Mikael Barbero, Maximilian Kögel, Alex Kurtakov, Martin Lippert, Dani Megert, Martin O, Torkild Resheim, Doug Schaefer
  • Regrets: Christian Campo, Jonas Helming, Jim Hughes, Mickael Istria, Alexander Nyßen, Matthias Sohn, Krum Tsvetkov, Gunnar Wagenknecht


#PMC_Rep_Attendees see also below.

Agenda / Notes

  • Mikael: Status on migrating Platform SWT Windows build to Foundation servers ?
    • Dani: Not yet ready for broader discussion, there's license compliance issues and more.
  • Martin: Infrastructure issues with Eclipse Asterisk unstable
    • Eclipse PMC had been hit by this recently, others currently not affected
  • Maximilian: Eclipse p2 target platform resolution unstable
    • For his teams, target platform resolution still often fails due to Eclipse.org servers unavailable
    • Seems no problem in North America, but hitting people in Europe
      • Currently considering a local mirror of "everything" and redirecting p2 to that, perhaps via artifactory
      • But the team is very distributed, so would prefer a mirroring service over that - still researching;
      • Do others see this issue? Workarounds?
    • Torkild: Also seeing this problem all the time!
      • Solution: Bash script creates a target_platform ZIP file that they use; updating only a couple times per year
    • Doug: Updating the Target Platform every night, and resolving locally - still seeing mirroring failures sometimes
    • ACTION Maximilian to create bugzilla for broader discussion of solution ideas / workarounds
  • MartinL: Any final decision on shipping Java9 ?
    • Carl: Planning Council decided on Oxygen.1 first, then shipping Oxygen.1A 2 weeks later


PMC Rep Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Gary Xue
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Dani Megert Mike Wilson
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Eike Stepper
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
SOA: Adrian Mos Marc Dutoo
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer Alex Kurtakov
WTP: Carl Anderson Neil Hauge
LocationTech: Jim Hughes
IoT: Julien Vermillard

Next Meeting

Back to the top