Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/August 10 2017"

(Created page with "{| cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" border="1" |- | Meeting Title: | '''Architecture Council Monthly Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Thursday August 10, 2017 at [http:...")
 
Line 6: Line 6:
 
| Date & Time:  
 
| Date & Time:  
 
| Thursday [[August 10, 2017]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Eclipse+AC+Montly+Meeting&iso=20170810T11&p1=188&ah=1 1100 Ottawa] <br>[[Image:Html.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=g30r6idsq3rsufe2j3t6k0l0g4%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Canada/Toronto HTML] &#124; [[Image:Ical.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/g30r6idsq3rsufe2j3t6k0l0g4%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics iCal]
 
| Thursday [[August 10, 2017]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Eclipse+AC+Montly+Meeting&iso=20170810T11&p1=188&ah=1 1100 Ottawa] <br>[[Image:Html.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=g30r6idsq3rsufe2j3t6k0l0g4%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Canada/Toronto HTML] &#124; [[Image:Ical.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/g30r6idsq3rsufe2j3t6k0l0g4%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics iCal]
|-
 
| Dial-in:
 
| See Eclipse [[Asterisk]] :
 
* '''North America''' (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
 
* '''Germany''' (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
 
* '''France''' (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
 
* '''Switzerland''' (local call anywhere in Switzerland) +41-44-580-2115
 
* Spain, Sweden, others - see [[Asterisk/Numbers]]
 
 
Participant conference extension: '''701 then enter pin: 51968'''
 
 
* '''[[Asterisk#SIP|SIP clients]]''' can call '''701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.'''<br>
 
 
|}
 
|}
  
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
  
* '''Regrets:'''
+
* '''In attendance:''' Carl Anderson, Mikael Barbero, Maximilian Kögel, Alex Kurtakov, Martin Lippert, Dani Megert, Martin O, Torkild Resheim, Doug Schaefer
 +
* '''Regrets:''' Christian Campo, Jonas Helming, Jim Hughes, Mickael Istria, Alexander Nyßen, Matthias Sohn, Krum Tsvetkov, Gunnar Wagenknecht
  
 
<!--
 
<!--
Line 36: Line 25:
 
* Feel free to edit, but '''<font color="red">not during the call!</font>'''
 
* Feel free to edit, but '''<font color="red">not during the call!</font>'''
 
* Last meeting: [[Architecture Council/Meetings/July 13 2017]] -- open actions see [[#Action_Items]]
 
* Last meeting: [[Architecture Council/Meetings/July 13 2017]] -- open actions see [[#Action_Items]]
 +
 +
* Mikael: Status on migrating Platform SWT Windows build to Foundation servers ?
 +
** Dani: Not yet ready for broader discussion, there's license compliance issues and more.
 +
 +
* Martin: Infrastructure issues with '''Eclipse Asterisk unstable'''
 +
** Eclipse PMC had been hit by this recently, others currently not affected
 +
 +
* Maximilian: '''Eclipse p2 target platform resolution unstable'''
 +
** For his teams, target platform resolution still often fails due to Eclipse.org servers unavailable
 +
** Seems no problem in North America, but hitting people in Europe
 +
*** Currently considering a local mirror of "everything" and redirecting p2 to that, perhaps via artifactory
 +
*** But the team is very distributed, so would prefer a mirroring service over that - still researching;
 +
*** Do others see this issue? Workarounds?
 +
** Torkild: Also seeing this problem all the time!
 +
*** Solution: Bash script creates a target_platform ZIP file that they use; updating only a couple times per year
 +
** Doug: Updating the Target Platform every night, and resolving locally - still seeing mirroring failures sometimes
 +
** '''ACTION''' Maximilian to create bugzilla for broader discussion of solution ideas / workarounds
 +
 +
* MartinL: '''Any final decision on shipping Java9''' ?
 +
** Carl: Planning Council decided on Oxygen.1 first, then shipping Oxygen.1A 2 weeks later
  
 
<!--
 
<!--
Line 71: Line 80:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Modeling:'''  
 
| '''Modeling:'''  
| Ed Merks
+
| <strike>Ed Merks</strike>
 
| <strike>Cédric Brun</strike><br><strike>Eike Stepper</strike>
 
| <strike>Cédric Brun</strike><br><strike>Eike Stepper</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
Line 92: Line 101:
 
| '''Tools:'''  
 
| '''Tools:'''  
 
| Doug Schaefer
 
| Doug Schaefer
| <strike>Alex Kurtakov</strike>
+
| Alex Kurtakov
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''WTP:'''  
 
| '''WTP:'''  
| <strike>Carl Anderson</strike>
+
| Carl Anderson
 
| <strike>Neil Hauge</strike>
 
| <strike>Neil Hauge</strike>
 
|-
 
|-

Revision as of 10:24, 10 August 2017

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday August 10, 2017 at 1100 Ottawa
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal

Attendees

  • In attendance: Carl Anderson, Mikael Barbero, Maximilian Kögel, Alex Kurtakov, Martin Lippert, Dani Megert, Martin O, Torkild Resheim, Doug Schaefer
  • Regrets: Christian Campo, Jonas Helming, Jim Hughes, Mickael Istria, Alexander Nyßen, Matthias Sohn, Krum Tsvetkov, Gunnar Wagenknecht


#PMC_Rep_Attendees see also below.

Agenda / Notes

  • Mikael: Status on migrating Platform SWT Windows build to Foundation servers ?
    • Dani: Not yet ready for broader discussion, there's license compliance issues and more.
  • Martin: Infrastructure issues with Eclipse Asterisk unstable
    • Eclipse PMC had been hit by this recently, others currently not affected
  • Maximilian: Eclipse p2 target platform resolution unstable
    • For his teams, target platform resolution still often fails due to Eclipse.org servers unavailable
    • Seems no problem in North America, but hitting people in Europe
      • Currently considering a local mirror of "everything" and redirecting p2 to that, perhaps via artifactory
      • But the team is very distributed, so would prefer a mirroring service over that - still researching;
      • Do others see this issue? Workarounds?
    • Torkild: Also seeing this problem all the time!
      • Solution: Bash script creates a target_platform ZIP file that they use; updating only a couple times per year
    • Doug: Updating the Target Platform every night, and resolving locally - still seeing mirroring failures sometimes
    • ACTION Maximilian to create bugzilla for broader discussion of solution ideas / workarounds
  • MartinL: Any final decision on shipping Java9 ?
    • Carl: Planning Council decided on Oxygen.1 first, then shipping Oxygen.1A 2 weeks later


PMC Rep Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Gary Xue
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Dani Megert Mike Wilson
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Eike Stepper
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
SOA: Adrian Mos Marc Dutoo
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer Alex Kurtakov
WTP: Carl Anderson Neil Hauge
LocationTech: Jim Hughes
IoT: Julien Vermillard

Next Meeting

Back to the top