Architecture Council/Meetings/April 9 2009
< Architecture Council | Meetings
Revision as of 05:56, 8 April 2009 by Martin.oberhuber.windriver.com
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday April 9, 2009 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| (+1) 613.287.8000 (Ottawa and international) or|
866.362.7064 (toll-free North America)
- Use the Doodle Attendance Tracking Poll to confirm attendance or send regrets for this meeting. See this message for how to use it. All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|BIRT:||Wenfeng Li||Gary Xue|
|DTP:||Brian Fitzpatrick||Linda Chan|
|DSDP:||Doug Gaff||Martin Oberhuber|
|Eclipse:||Philippe Mulet||Mike Wilson|
|Modeling:||Richard Gronback|| Ed Merks|
|RT:||Jeff McAffer|| Jochen Krause|
|STP:||Oisin Hurley||Antoine Toulme|
|Technology:||Gunnar Wagenknecht||Wayne Beaton|
|TPTP:||Eugene Chan|| Oliver Cole|
|WTP:||Tim deBoer||Dave Carver|
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- Architecture Council/Meetings/March 12 2009
- (old) Martin to follow up with the m2eclipse and IAM projects regarding duplication
- (old) Martin to follow up on Architecture Diagrams idea
- (old) Michael to flesh out the Patterns idea and remind the EAC -- started Architecture Council/Top Ten Recommendations#Design Patterns, backed by EclipseCon tutorial proposals
- While these show how well-known GoF patterns are applied in Eclipse, Michael's idea was more to find and describe new patterns which are specific to Eclipse
- (old) Michael to draft an E-Mail about the "plugin granularity" idea, searching for people to lead the effort
- (old) Mik to create initial "architectural walkthrough" material for Mylyn -- 1 wiki page not too large, send link to the mailing list
- (old) Tools and Tech PMC's to encourage incubating grandfathered projects find a mentor
- Cedric, Tom talk to their PMCs about making AC representation official (can be 2 backup reps)
- AC Panelists review the Architecture Council/Ask the AC Q&A wiki
- Everyone add to the Architecture Council/Meetings/March 22 F2F EclipseCon 2009 agenda
- Still open items moved to #Action Items
- EclipseCon follow-up from Architecture Council/Meetings/March 22 F2F EclipseCon 2009
- Boris - New Platform UI/Bug Triage - can we come up with a common Best Practice for bug triage?
- Git for Committers - any news?
- Architecture Council/Meetings/API Deprecation 20080119 follow-up
- Boris - thought experiments ("What ripple effects would it cause if EMF broke XX")
- See also Architecture Council/Open Issues for overflow items that were not discussed
- PMC Representation for Tools, WTP?
- Mike/Bjorn on the AC?
- News from the EMO and Councils ?