Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/April 8 2010"

m (Attendees)
m (Attendees)
Line 64: Line 64:
 
<!--
 
<!--
 
* '''Signed-up:''' Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Boris Bokowski, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Eugene Chan, Linda Chan, Tim deBoer, Neil Hauge, Mik Kersten, Andrew Overholt, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Tom Schindl, Mike Wilson, Darin Wright, Gary Xue
 
* '''Signed-up:''' Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Boris Bokowski, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Eugene Chan, Linda Chan, Tim deBoer, Neil Hauge, Mik Kersten, Andrew Overholt, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Tom Schindl, Mike Wilson, Darin Wright, Gary Xue
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Darin Swanson (China time zone)  
+
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Darin Swanson (China time zone), Markus Knauer (travelling)
* '''No-Show:''' Nick Boldt, Doug Clarke, Oisin Hurley, Markus Knauer, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Brian Payton, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Antoine Toulme, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson, Dave Williams, Oliver Wolf
+
* '''No-Show:''' Nick Boldt, Doug Clarke, Oisin Hurley, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Brian Payton, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Antoine Toulme, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson, Dave Williams, Oliver Wolf
 
-->
 
-->
  

Revision as of 05:35, 8 April 2010

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday April 8, 2010 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: NEW Canada 1-877-727-8553 toll free / 1-416-840-9801 caller paid
NEW U.S. 1-866-394-4146 toll free / 1-480-629-1624 caller paid
NEW passcode 428029063

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Gary Xue
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
DSDP: Martin Oberhuber TBD (DSDP-PMC)
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
RT: Jeff McAffer Tom Watson
STP: Antoine Toulme Oisin Hurley
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
TPTP: Eugene Chan Joanna Kubasta (unofficial)
WTP: Tim deBoer Dave Carver
Neil Hauge
  • Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Mik Kersten (travelling), Markus Knauer (travelling)


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

e4 - current state of affairs

Items for next meeting

Regular briefing on the status of e4.

Old Topics

We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:

  • DaveC would like to discuss New Committer Guidelines; Scrum / Agile techniques
  • bug 285074 - Dave Carver - Hudsonbuilder and write access to the cvs / svn repo
  • bug 283745 - Maven Repository at Eclipse
  • bug 288393 - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices
  • The art of project release naming - no bug yet ?!?

Action Items

  • (old) Martin to follow up on Architecture Diagrams idea
  • (old) Michael to flesh out the Patterns idea and remind the EAC -- started Architecture Council/Top Ten Recommendations#Design Patterns, backed by EclipseCon tutorial proposals
    • While these show how well-known GoF patterns are applied in Eclipse, Michael's idea was more to find and describe new patterns which are specific to Eclipse
  • (old) Michael to draft an E-Mail about the "plugin granularity" idea, searching for people to lead the effort
  • (old) Tools and Tech PMC's to encourage incubating grandfathered projects find a mentor; mentorless projects due to AC members quitting or falling dormant
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Mik to create initial "architectural walkthrough" material for Mylyn -- 1 wiki page not too large, send link to the mailing list
  • (old) Dave C work with Wayne on a "handbook" for project criteria for becoming a committer (referencing committer guidelines)
  • (old) Dave C come up with a document how to save build resources
  • (old) Dave C to try bugzilla UNCONFIRMED state
  • (old) Wayne to ask Sonatype about Nexus test installation
  • (old) Wayne to try doing a 3.6m2 API Report on Helios m2

Next Meeting