Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/April 14 2011"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
(Attendees)
Line 60: Line 60:
 
|}
 
|}
  
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict)
+
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Neil Hauge (vacation)
  
 
<!--
 
<!--

Revision as of 09:51, 14 April 2011

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday April 14, 2011 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: NEW Canada 1-877-727-8553 toll free / 1-416-840-9801 caller paid
NEW U.S. 1-866-394-4146 toll free / 1-480-629-1624 caller paid
NEW passcode 428029063

Contents

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Gary Xue
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Jeff McAffer Tom Watson
STP: Antoine Toulme Oisin Hurley
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
TPTP: Jonathan West
WTP: Tim deBoer Dave Carver
Neil Hauge
  • Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Neil Hauge (vacation)


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

Maven @ Eclipse progress

  • bug 283745 Maven @ Eclipse progress, workinggroup? (Along with bug 288644 naming)
  • (new) bug 337068 tasked with setting up maven.eclipse.org. Dave Carver, Alex Blewitt, and Aaron Digulla will be "given the keys"

Build Systems

General Topics

  • Updating to Latest Version of Libs
    • AI zx Create Indigo report
  • News from the Board, EMO and Councils
  • Pascal's bug 331385 naming conventions for p2 Repos
    • No progress so far, continue discussion on the bug
  • Wayne's bug 337004 and its dependencies - Security Vulnerabilities

Old Topics

  • bug 324125 architecture diagrams - 2006 version - relationship to e4 ?
  • IP Logs - Martin and Wayne - project woolsey exists and open for community, Wayne hopes get soemthing downloadable by Christmas
    • Allow projects to file bugs which list collections of libraries that are used for testing (and mark these collectively as exemt prereqs)
      • Couldn't distribute those libs or put them in scm, but could have them on the build server

We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:

  • DaveC would like to discuss New Committer Guidelines; Scrum / Agile techniques
  • bug 285074 - Dave Carver - Hudsonbuilder and write access to the cvs / svn repo
  • bug 288393 - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices

Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting