Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/April 12 2012"

(Attendees)
(Attendees)
 
(3 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 30: Line 30:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''BIRT:'''  
 
| '''BIRT:'''  
| Wenfeng Li  
+
| <strike>Wenfeng Li</strike>
| Wenbin He
+
| <strike>Wenbin He</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''DTP:'''  
 
| '''DTP:'''  
| Brian Payton  
+
| <strike>Brian Payton</strike>
| Linda Chan
+
| <strike>Linda Chan</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Eclipse:'''  
 
| '''Eclipse:'''  
| Mike Wilson  
+
| <strike>Mike Wilson</strike>
| John Arthorne<br>Boris Bokowski
+
| <strike>John Arthorne</strike><br><strike>Boris Bokowski</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Modeling:'''  
 
| '''Modeling:'''  
| Ed Merks  
+
| <strike>Ed Merks</strike>
| Cédric Brun<br>Sven Efftinge
+
| <strike>Cédric Brun</strike><br><strike>Sven Efftinge</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Mylyn:'''  
 
| '''Mylyn:'''  
| Steffen Pingel  
+
| <strike>Steffen Pingel</strike>
| Mik Kersten
+
| <strike>Mik Kersten</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''RT:'''  
 
| '''RT:'''  
 
| Christian Campo  
 
| Christian Campo  
| Tom Watson
+
| <strike>Tom Watson</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''SOA:'''  
 
| '''SOA:'''  
| Adrian Mos  
+
| <strike>Adrian Mos</strike>
| Sebastien Gandon
+
| <strike>Sebastien Gandon</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Technology:'''  
 
| '''Technology:'''  
| Gunnar Wagenknecht  
+
| <strike>Gunnar Wagenknecht</strike>
 
| Wayne Beaton
 
| Wayne Beaton
 
|-
 
|-
Line 67: Line 67:
 
| '''WTP:'''  
 
| '''WTP:'''  
 
| Chuck Bridgham  
 
| Chuck Bridgham  
| Dave Carver<br>Neil Hauge
+
| <strike>Dave Carver</strike><br><strike>Neil Hauge</strike>
 
|}
 
|}
  
 
<br>  
 
<br>  
  
*'''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Neil Hauge, Sebastien Gandon, Martin O (conflict), Adrian Mos, John Arthorne
+
*'''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Neil Hauge, Sebastien Gandon, Martin O (conflict), Adrian Mos, John Arthorne, Steffen Pingel
* '''Signed-up:''' Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Igor Fedorenko, Markus Knauer, Kim Moir, Andrew Overholt, Doug Schaefer, David Williams, Ken Hussey, Chris Aniszczyk, <insert other names here>
+
* '''Signed-up:''' Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Igor Fedorenko, Markus Knauer, Kim Moir, Andrew Overholt, Doug Schaefer, David Williams, Ken Hussey, Chris Aniszczyk, Achim Lörke <insert other names here>
 +
 
 
<!--
 
<!--
 
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Gunnar Wagenknecht (travelling)
 
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Gunnar Wagenknecht (travelling)
* '''No-Show:''' Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Mike Milinkovich, Adrian Mos, Pascal Rapicault, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue
+
* '''No-Show:''' Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Mike Milinkovich, Pascal Rapicault, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue
 
-->
 
-->
  
Line 93: Line 94:
 
** [[Architecture Council/Meetings/March 25 2012 StAC]]
 
** [[Architecture Council/Meetings/March 25 2012 StAC]]
 
** [[Architecture Council/Meetings/March 27 2012 Breakfast]]
 
** [[Architecture Council/Meetings/March 27 2012 Breakfast]]
 +
** good feedback from attendees on content (Doug), location, and networking opportunities (Christian)
 +
** Christian commented that javafx seems to have a lot of momentum and seems to be the way forward (Tom Schindl wasn't around to second that :))
 
** Wed 10.15 '''[[CBI/March28 2012]] Symposion''' - Reston Suites A (Andrew Ross)
 
** Wed 10.15 '''[[CBI/March28 2012]] Symposion''' - Reston Suites A (Andrew Ross)
 +
*** great interest, all seats full at session
 +
*** code sprint occurring yesterday/today at Eclipse Foundation office
 +
*** on track for (tentative) use by Eclipse project for Juno SR1
 
** Wed 14.00 '''[[LTS/March28 2012]] Symposion''' - Reston Suites A (Andrew Ross)
 
** Wed 14.00 '''[[LTS/March28 2012]] Symposion''' - Reston Suites A (Andrew Ross)
 +
*** many interested parties
 +
*** Pat Huff and Jochen Krause will be co-chairs
  
 
* [[LTS]] related to maintaining high quality of Platform in its current stream, with reduced number of Platform core committers
 
* [[LTS]] related to maintaining high quality of Platform in its current stream, with reduced number of Platform core committers
Line 101: Line 109:
  
 
*'''Updates from the Board'''  
 
*'''Updates from the Board'''  
 +
** Chris A. mentioned that there was some concern regarding Juno readiness but those concerns have been addressed as things look good
 
*'''Maven @ Eclipse progress'''  
 
*'''Maven @ Eclipse progress'''  
**Parent POM&nbsp;?
+
** there continues to be lots of interest but no one had any news at this time
**Hudson&nbsp;?
+
  
*AC Backlog
+
* Platform build
 +
** David and others have done a great job continuing Kim's work of moving the build to Foundation hardware
 +
** '''please test''' the current builds:  (ex. http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20120411-2034/index.php)
 +
** David estimates a few weeks until unit tests are running
 +
** for now, source builds are dropped ({{bug|374428}})
 +
** there are plenty of bugs and information in them so search bugzilla for details
  
<br>
+
* New Project Management Infrastructure
 +
** Wayne re-iterated the killer features:  in-place editing, centralized location for all the information, automation to help ease releases (no more blocking on people ("I for one welcome our new Project Management Infrastructure overlords"))
 +
** feel free to provide feedback on the prototype (it has old data):  http://projects.eclipse.org/
  
=== Old Topics  ===
+
* GSoC
 +
** Eclipse has 12 slots with Google Summer of Code
 +
** healthy student ideas and mentors
 +
** there is still time if you want to become a mentor or get involved
 +
** '''AI Wayne''' to send details of how to get involved
 +
** projects and mentor-student pairings will be decided on 23 April
  
*Henrik Lindberg ESE proceedings are now online [[WhatIsInABuildESE2010]]  
+
* Eclipse Foundation [[Asterisk]] system
**'''AI zx''' Create Indigo report
+
** pretty good sound quality (Christian said those using SIP clients sounded better)
 +
** slight background drone but that could be from someone's phone
  
*{{bug|324125}} architecture diagrams - [http://www.eclipse.org/org/councils/roadmap_v2_0/AC_v2_0/index.php 2006 version] - relationship to e4&nbsp;?
+
* Juno
*'''IP Logs''' - Martin and Wayne - [http://eclipse.org/woolsey/ project woolsey] exists and open for community, Wayne hopes get soemthing downloadable by Christmas
+
** people busy so not much news on SimRel report front or on Juno in general
**Allow projects to file bugs which list collections of libraries that are used for testing (and mark these collectively as exemt prereqs)
+
** '''M7 coming up in less than a month!'''
***Couldn't distribute those libs or put them in scm, but could have them on the build server
+
  
We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:
+
* git
 +
** Wayne said the move of Eclipse websites to git will be happening soon ({{bug|324116}})
 +
** 252 days until CVS shut off:  http://eclipse.org/projects/scmcountdown.php
 +
** most projects still on CVS plan to move post-Juno
 +
** steady stream of requests by projects to use '''[[Gerrit]]'''
  
*DaveC would like to discuss New Committer Guidelines; Scrum / Agile techniques
+
*AC Backlog
*{{bug|288393}} - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices
+
** {{bug|337004}} Security policy no longer draft (thanks, Wayne and others)!
  
*'''[[Architecture Council/Open Issues|AC Bugzilla]]''' backlog
 
*See also [[Architecture Council/Open Issues]] for overflow items that were not discussed
 
*News from the EMO and Councils&nbsp;?
 
  
 
== Action Items  ==
 
== Action Items  ==

Latest revision as of 06:18, 13 April 2012

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday April 12, 2012 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • Ottawa (local call in Ottawa) 1-613-288-9131
  • North America (toll free) 1-877-253-0615
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • UK (toll free) 0800-033-7806

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
SOA: Adrian Mos Sebastien Gandon
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge


  • Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Neil Hauge, Sebastien Gandon, Martin O (conflict), Adrian Mos, John Arthorne, Steffen Pingel
  • Signed-up: Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Igor Fedorenko, Markus Knauer, Kim Moir, Andrew Overholt, Doug Schaefer, David Williams, Ken Hussey, Chris Aniszczyk, Achim Lörke <insert other names here>


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • EclipseCon - What interesting news about our Community did we find ? Any action items to derive ?
    • Architecture Council/Meetings/March 25 2012 StAC
    • Architecture Council/Meetings/March 27 2012 Breakfast
    • good feedback from attendees on content (Doug), location, and networking opportunities (Christian)
    • Christian commented that javafx seems to have a lot of momentum and seems to be the way forward (Tom Schindl wasn't around to second that :))
    • Wed 10.15 CBI/March28 2012 Symposion - Reston Suites A (Andrew Ross)
      • great interest, all seats full at session
      • code sprint occurring yesterday/today at Eclipse Foundation office
      • on track for (tentative) use by Eclipse project for Juno SR1
    • Wed 14.00 LTS/March28 2012 Symposion - Reston Suites A (Andrew Ross)
      • many interested parties
      • Pat Huff and Jochen Krause will be co-chairs
  • LTS related to maintaining high quality of Platform in its current stream, with reduced number of Platform core committers

General Topics

  • Updates from the Board
    • Chris A. mentioned that there was some concern regarding Juno readiness but those concerns have been addressed as things look good
  • Maven @ Eclipse progress
    • there continues to be lots of interest but no one had any news at this time
  • New Project Management Infrastructure
    • Wayne re-iterated the killer features: in-place editing, centralized location for all the information, automation to help ease releases (no more blocking on people ("I for one welcome our new Project Management Infrastructure overlords"))
    • feel free to provide feedback on the prototype (it has old data): http://projects.eclipse.org/
  • GSoC
    • Eclipse has 12 slots with Google Summer of Code
    • healthy student ideas and mentors
    • there is still time if you want to become a mentor or get involved
    • AI Wayne to send details of how to get involved
    • projects and mentor-student pairings will be decided on 23 April
  • Eclipse Foundation Asterisk system
    • pretty good sound quality (Christian said those using SIP clients sounded better)
    • slight background drone but that could be from someone's phone
  • Juno
    • people busy so not much news on SimRel report front or on Juno in general
    • M7 coming up in less than a month!
  • AC Backlog
    • bug 337004 Security policy no longer draft (thanks, Wayne and others)!


Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting