Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/April 12 2012"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
(Attendees)
(Attendees)
Line 73: Line 73:
  
 
*'''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Neil Hauge, Sebastien Gandon, Martin O (conflict), Adrian Mos, John Arthorne
 
*'''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Neil Hauge, Sebastien Gandon, Martin O (conflict), Adrian Mos, John Arthorne
 
 
 
* '''Signed-up:''' Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Igor Fedorenko, Markus Knauer, Kim Moir, Andrew Overholt, Doug Schaefer, David Williams, Ken Hussey, Chris Aniszczyk, <insert other names here>
 
* '''Signed-up:''' Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Igor Fedorenko, Markus Knauer, Kim Moir, Andrew Overholt, Doug Schaefer, David Williams, Ken Hussey, Chris Aniszczyk, <insert other names here>
 
<!--
 
<!--

Revision as of 11:59, 12 April 2012

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday April 12, 2012 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • Ottawa (local call in Ottawa) 1-613-288-9131
  • North America (toll free) 1-877-253-0615
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • UK (toll free) 0800-033-7806

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Contents

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
SOA: Adrian Mos Sebastien Gandon
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge


  • Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Neil Hauge, Sebastien Gandon, Martin O (conflict), Adrian Mos, John Arthorne
  • Signed-up: Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Igor Fedorenko, Markus Knauer, Kim Moir, Andrew Overholt, Doug Schaefer, David Williams, Ken Hussey, Chris Aniszczyk, <insert other names here>

Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • LTS related to maintaining high quality of Platform in its current stream, with reduced number of Platform core committers

General Topics

  • Updates from the Board
  • Maven @ Eclipse progress
    • Parent POM ?
    • Hudson ?
  • AC Backlog


Old Topics

  • bug 324125 architecture diagrams - 2006 version - relationship to e4 ?
  • IP Logs - Martin and Wayne - project woolsey exists and open for community, Wayne hopes get soemthing downloadable by Christmas
    • Allow projects to file bugs which list collections of libraries that are used for testing (and mark these collectively as exemt prereqs)
      • Couldn't distribute those libs or put them in scm, but could have them on the build server

We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:

  • DaveC would like to discuss New Committer Guidelines; Scrum / Agile techniques
  • bug 288393 - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices

Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting