Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/April 11 2013"
|Line 153:||Line 153:|
== Next Meeting ==
== Next Meeting ==
* [[Architecture Council/Meetings/May
* [[Architecture Council/Meetings/May 2013]]
Latest revision as of 06:17, 8 May 2013
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday April 9, 2013 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|BIRT:||Wenfeng Li||Wenbin He|
|DTP:||Brian Payton||Linda Chan|
|Eclipse:||Mike Wilson|| John Arthorne|
|Modeling:||Ed Merks|| Cédric Brun|
|Mylyn:||Steffen Pingel||Mik Kersten|
|RT:||Christian Campo|| Tom Watson|
|SOA:||Adrian Mos|| Marc Dutoo|
|Technology:||Gunnar Wagenknecht||Wayne Beaton|
|Tools:||Doug Schaefer|| |
|WTP:||Chuck Bridgham|| Dave Carver|
- Regrets: Ian Bull (might be late), Christian Campo, Chris Aniszcyk, Doug Clarke, Sebastien Gandon, Markus Knauer, Chuck Bridgham
- Attendees: Eike Stepper, Doug Schaefer, Achim Loerke, Martin O, Krum Tsvetkov, David Williams, Kenn Hussey, Neil Hauge, Michael Scharf, Benjamin Cabe, Wayne Beaton, Steffen Pingel, Gunnar Wagenknecht
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- Wayne / Mike: Was nice to get remembered on the "Three Laws of Eclipse", maybe just make that more obvious, maybe send to committers more frequently
- AI Wayne make the link more prominent
- Eike: First 2-3 chapters in EDP seem to be on a meta-level; put all the "meta chapters" into one preamble, in order to make the real contents more obvious
- Wayne: Process of changing the EDP - so far we've had a review with iterative changes once a year, working in the items from the Community/Process backlog
- How to work on a draft ? Wiki ? Git Repo ? - Accepts Input
- Martin: Continue collecting
- AI All Review the EDP and the backlog until next month, add change requests to bugzilla
- Next meeting we will review the backlog and decide on reboot or incremental change.
Messages to the Committers mailing list
- Maybe send a regular message from the AC once every month to the committers mailing list
- Martin thinks AC members should be empowered and encouraged to send a message to the eclipse-committers mailing list ... as long as traffic is not too much ... it's a moderated list anyways
- Wayne - some coordination on timing makes sense
CLA's and git signed-off-by
- bug 401236 CLA's and git signed-off-by Status
- EMO using Gerrit to support this, Gerrit has support for CLA's built in (fully automatic)
- CLA will be valid for 3 years
- Non-committers have to have their credentials in the Author field, and the same one in the signed-off-by.
- It's still possible to provide commit records with a bogus E-Mail address, this is not going to be checked
- Already today, it's possible to sign up on bugzilla with a bogus E-Mail address, so there's no change to what we do today - it still needs to pass the committer sniff test
- CLA process adds more navigatability between the git commit record and the CLI
- Signed-off-by adds comfort to the IP Advisory Council to have the contributor understand what they are doing (by making that little extra step)
How to contribute docs
- bug 397644 Howto contribute docs / templates
- Start with a prominent example rather than long-winded discussion of recommendations
- Going for both Wiki and CONTRIBUTING.md ?
- CONTRIBUTING.md should have at least a pointer to more detailed information
- Bling IDE - hopefully going to post some videos
- YouTube EclipseCon channel with keynotes, maybe promote a bit more ?
- Martin would like to see more drive towards publishing the slides (or recording the sessions)
- Wireless worked really nicely this time !
- Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
- Updates from the Board or the EMO
- Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
- (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
- (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
- (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
- (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated