The Eclipse Architecture Council (EAC) serves the Community by identifying and tackling any issues that hinder Eclipse's continued technological success and innovation, widespread adoption, and future growth. This involves technical architecture as well as open source processes and social aspects. Comprising the finest technical leaders from all community stakeholders, it is the council's goal to keep the projects successful and healthy, the processes simple and smooth, and the communities vibrant and cohesive because this will benefit us all. Approach us to ask for personal Mentorship for your project, to raise important issues, to suggest improvements, or just to ask questions. We welcome your input!
- Architecture Council/About the AC and a recent presentation (PDF, 120K) with details about what the AC is and does in practice.
- Architecture Council/Members and Mentors
- Architecture Council/Mentorship
- Architecture Council/FAQ
- EAC Category Sitemap
- Architecture Council/Meetings and minutes of previous meetings
- Architecture Council/Open Issues lists overflow topics that have been brought up but not yet been discussed
- Make recommendations for development priorities for the Friends-Enabled Eclipse IDE/Platform Enhancements Program (FEEP)
Getting in Touch
- File a bug for discussion on the EAC, or requesting a mentor. We welcome your input! - See this E-Mail, which was sent to the eclipse.org-committers list in September 2008.
- Open bugs: AC Component (closed)
- Open bugs: CC'd to the EAC (closed)
The Architecture Council has several subcommittees that focus on specific areas of interest.
The IDE Subcommittee discusses issues related to the Eclipse IDE/Platform.
- Discussions are held on the ide-dev mailing list.
- Ideas are explored in the UI Best Practices GitHub repository
This FEEP Subcomittee discusses issues concerning new ideas and areas where the Friends of Eclipse Enhancement Program (FEEP) should be used to fund development efforts to make significant and meaningful improvements and enhancements to the Eclipse IDE/Platform.
- Discussions are held on the feep-stakeholders mailing list.
Resources and Recommendations
- Top Ten Recommendations for Architecture (work in progress)
- Top Ten Process Practices (work in progress)
- Metadata File Naming Recommendations
- Bugzilla Best Practices
- Things Committers Should Know
- Development Resources, top advice for everyone including Community Development for Eclipse Projects
- Performance Bloopers
- Links Collection to architecture-related interesting blog posts, articles and the like
- Architecture Council mailing list
- (old Eclipse (EMO) Architecture Council Index)
- Eclipse Architecture
- Architecture Council/Templates for E-Mail communications