The Eclipse Architecture Council (EAC) serves the Community by identifying and tackling any issues that hinder its continued technological success and innovation, widespread adoption and future growth. This involves technical architecture as well as open source process and social aspects. Comprised of the finest technical leaders from all the Community, it is our goal to keep the projects successful and healthy, the processes simple and smooth, communities vibrant and working together - because this will benefit all of us. Approach us asking for personal Mentorship for your project, bringing up issues, suggesting improvements or just asking questions. We welcome your input!
- Architecture Council/Charter and a recent presentation (PDF, 120K) about what the AC is and does in practice.
- Architecture Council/Mentorship
- Architecture Council/FAQ
- EAC Category Sitemap
- Architecture Council/Meetings and minutes of previous meetings
- Architecture Council/Open Issues lists overflow topics that have been brought up but not yet been discussed
- Architecture Council/Membership Qualifications for members, and how to become a member
- The councils page has the official members list (driven from EMO database)
- The Members and Mentors page includes information about dormant members and proposed mentors of new projects
Getting in Touch
- File a bug for discussion on the EAC. We welcome your input! - See this E-Mail, which was sent to the eclipse.org-committers list in September 2008.
Discussions and Recommendations
- Top Ten Recommendations for Architecture (work in progress)
- Top Ten Process Practices (work in progress)
- Things Committers Should Know
- Development Resources, top advice for everyone including Community Development for Eclipse Projects
- Performance Bloopers
- Links Collection to architecture-related interesting blog posts, articles and the like
- Bugs on the AC component, or CC'd to the EAC
Resources (from the "old" EAC for now)
- EAC Mailing List Archives
- Eclipse (EMO) Architecture Council Index