The Eclipse Architecture Council (EAC) serves the Community by identifying and tackling any issues that hinder Eclipse's continued technological success and innovation, widespread adoption, and future growth. This involves technical architecture as well as open source processes and social aspects. Comprising the finest technical leaders from all community stakeholders, it is the council's goal to keep the projects successful and healthy, the processes simple and smooth, and the communities vibrant and cohesive because this will benefit us all. Approach us to ask for personal Mentorship for your project, to raise important issues, to suggest improvements, or just to ask questions. We welcome your input!
- Architecture Council/About the AC and a recent presentation (PDF, 120K) with details about what the AC is and does in practice.
- Architecture Council/Members and Mentors
- Architecture Council/Mentorship
- Architecture Council/FAQ
- EAC Category Sitemap
- Architecture Council/Meetings and minutes of previous meetings
- Architecture Council/Open Issues lists overflow topics that have been brought up but not yet been discussed
Getting in Touch
- File a bug for discussion on the EAC, or requesting a mentor. We welcome your input! - See this E-Mail, which was sent to the eclipse.org-committers list in September 2008.
- Open bugs: AC Component (closed)
- Open bugs: CC'd to the EAC (closed)
Resources and Recommendations
- Top Ten Recommendations for Architecture (work in progress)
- Top Ten Process Practices (work in progress)
- Metadata File Naming Recommendations
- Bugzilla Best Practices
- Things Committers Should Know
- Development Resources, top advice for everyone including Community Development for Eclipse Projects
- Performance Bloopers
- Links Collection to architecture-related interesting blog posts, articles and the like
- Architecture Council mailing list
- (old Eclipse (EMO) Architecture Council Index)
- Architecture Council/Templates for E-Mail communications