Aperi Development Status Meeting 10/20/08
Dial in numbers:
Toll Free: 877-421-0029 International: 770-615-1246 Passcode: 969397
IBM (Al Heitman, Martine Wedlake, Chris King, Julia Yip)
- Project Leader Notes:
- Al welcomed Sunil and Julia to the Aperi Team. They will be contributors to the Aperi project. Al has added their names to the who’s who section of the wiki.
- Reminder that the Open Aperi Development status meeting has moved to every-other week. This is an open call so you should not discuss your company’s confidential information during this call.
- Fall Storage Networking World was last week.
- Installer Issue
- Issues surfaced in June that Eclipse installers are not allowed to download non-approved 3rd party libraries.
- Al submitted IPzilla Contribution Questionnaire for Apache Geronimo. Eclipse needs the source code for the jar file we want to include. Al is working on parsing down the source zip. It may take a while as there are about 2500 files in the jar Aperi is using.
- DoJo not approved. Martine and Dave have a proposal to take out that functionality that reqs DoJo. They plan to review the plan. Al will add 5 day item to schedule to remove DoJo dependency in m5 plan.
- Misc. Project Info
- Al has a proposed document review process at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Document_Review_and_Approval_Process. Al will displace the review comments and ask for a committer vote to approve the process.
- 2008 planning (R0.5)
- Still need milestones for Virtual Fabric / FC Security spec. from Brocade.
- Still need milestones for Linux HA Cluster support from Novell.
- Al published the latest schedule with the replan but we still need to complete a more detailed work breakdown structure. The target to complete this is after we have completed more detailed design work.
- Martine has action item to take the SMIS serialization scheme to convert SMIS CIM LIC spec. and map that back to the LIC schema. He is working with Dave to determine which route Aperi should take in m5. Martine is waiting for Dave’s review.
- Future Planning
- Need to determine 2009 roadmap
- Aperi roadmap Martine and Russ putting together ideas for Apri 2009.
- Aperi Committers:
- Release Engineer Notes (Al):
- Build status/process
- No build activity for today.
- Build status/process
- Aperi Downloads:
- October totals are 41 downloads so far this month with 22 for the SRM Application and 19 for the SAN Simulator.
- Latest stats
- Development items/issues:
- SSO – Todd complete the STS client code and the “how to” document. Al asked Julia to start investigating this work. Al will work on the 3rd party libraries approvals from Eclipse IP. There are 28 jars needed to use the Higgins security.
- LIC – Dave was out today.
- SAN Simulator - The final code is checked into CVS. Al completed the final build and Ramani completed the final regression testing. Al submitted a CQ 2689 for the SAN Simulator version 0.2 which has PMC approval but is awaiting Eclipse IP clearance. Once the CQ is approved we will vote on publishing the milestone build. Ramani sent Chris updates for the SAN Simulator publications (user’s guide).
- Java Help – Chris/TBD - Chris is planning to start this item later in the month (October).
- Virtual Fabric / FC Security spec – need update from John.
- Linux HA cluster support – need update from Robert.
- Chris has completed the Aperi M5 ID plan. He put a version out on wiki and sent the request for a review out to Aperi-Dev. Chris has displaced the review comments and put the log out on the wiki. Chris has started the approval process last week. Right now we have 2 plus 1’s. We need 3 to approve with no veto’s. Chris will send a reminder to vote.
- Project Schedule:
- Latest Schedule.
- Action Items:
|Obtain two mentors||Al||11/30/08||Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. Discussed with Tom last week. Bjorn has a list of mentors we can use. Al to follow up with Bjorn. Wayne Beaton is also helping to find a mentor who is willing to work with us.|
|Document Control||Al||11/30/08||Write up text for Aperi document control. Al wrote up a proposal process to review documents here -> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Document_Review_and_Approval_Process. Al initiated a review on Aperi-Dev. Comments are starting to come in. The review has closed. Al will collect and displace the review comments. Al will initiate a vote to adopt the process.|
- Next Meeting 11/03/08
- Open Forum:
- Reminder: We decided to move the meeting to every other week.