Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Aperi Development Status Meeting 06/23/08"

(New page: [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi_Storage_Management_Project Aperi Wiki Home] [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi/meetings Aperi Meetings] [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Ap...)
 
 
Line 9: Line 9:
 
Passcode: <FONT COLOR="red"> '''003399''' </FONT>
 
Passcode: <FONT COLOR="red"> '''003399''' </FONT>
 
</big>  
 
</big>  
<!-- COMMENT
 
 
== Attendees: ==
 
== Attendees: ==
'''Brocade''' (John Crandall), '''IBM''' (Al Heitman, Dave Wolfe, Chris King, Hans Lin, Martine Wedlake, Ramani Routray, Tom Guinane, Russ Warren, Todd Singleton), '''LSI''' (Jenny Monesson)
+
'''IBM''' (Al Heitman, Chris King, Dave Wolfe, Russ Warren)  
 
== Minutes: ==
 
== Minutes: ==
COMMENT -->
 
== Agenda: ==
 
 
* '''Project Leader Notes:'''  
 
* '''Project Leader Notes:'''  
 +
** Installer Issue
 +
*** Issues surfaced last week that Eclipse installers are not allowed to download non-approved 3rd party libraries.  We are investigating this issue further and putting a remediation plan in place.  There is a meeting with Bjorn later this week.
 +
*** Al submitted IPzilla Contribution Questionnaire for Apache Geronimo.  Eclipse needs the source code for the jar file we want to include.  Al is working on parsing down the source zip.  It may take a while as there are about 2500 files in the jar Aperi is using.
 +
*** DoJo not approved, should investigate alternatives perhaps look into replacements that are approved for other Eclipse projects.
 
** 2008 planning (R0.5)
 
** 2008 planning (R0.5)
 +
*** Still need milestones for Virtual Fabric / FC Security spec. from Brocade.  Al sent a request to John for milestone details.
 +
*** Still need milestones for Linux HA Cluster support from Novell.  Robert indicated he could provide that in May.  Al sent a request to Robert for any milestone details.
 +
*** Al sent schedule updates to Todd and Chris.  Al asked for any comments on the changes.  Todd and Chris indicated the updates were ok. 
 +
*** Al working on schedule update to incorporate Agile ideas from Dave into the plan.  Al will set up a meeting with Dave to flush this out further.
 +
*** Al needs to work with Dave on pedigree review of LIC XML spec.
 
** Aperi Committers:
 
** Aperi Committers:
 +
*** The following committers still need the legal “paperwork” completed before full committer access is granted.
 +
**** John Crandall 
 +
**** Jenny Monesson
 
* '''Release Engineer Notes (Todd):'''
 
* '''Release Engineer Notes (Todd):'''
 
** Build status/process
 
** Build status/process
 +
*** Al will look at the build logs for the 3rd party compile problem.
 
* '''Aperi Downloads:'''
 
* '''Aperi Downloads:'''
 +
** June totals to date are 119 total, with 50 for SAN Simulator and 69 for SRM.
 +
** Aperi reached the 3000th download last Tuesday, June 17, 2008.
 
** [http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/downloads/AperiDownloadsChart.pdf Latest stats]   
 
** [http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/downloads/AperiDownloadsChart.pdf Latest stats]   
 
** [http://live.eclipse.org/node/343 Aperi webinar]   
 
** [http://live.eclipse.org/node/343 Aperi webinar]   
 
* '''Development items/issues:'''
 
* '''Development items/issues:'''
 +
** SSO –  Todd is writing a browser based sample client along with the documentation for the SSO client which will be used as a starting point for the LIC sample application  unit test framework. 
 +
** LIC – Dave is working on the specs for LIC.  We need to find a standard to get LIC XML schema definition.  Russ suggested this would be good for Martine to look into.
 +
** SAN Simulator - The code is checked into CVS.  Todd completed the build.  We need to get committer community to do a code review before we release it.  Al will initiate committer code review soon.  Ramani is writing the IDVT test plan.  Al sent a note to Ramani to get the latest status. 
 +
** Java Help – Chris/Todd
 +
** Virtual Fabric / FC Security spec – need update from John.
 +
** Linux HA cluster support – need update from Robert.
 
* '''IDVT:'''  
 
* '''IDVT:'''  
 
** [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi/Test/Status Test Status]
 
** [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi/Test/Status Test Status]
Line 29: Line 47:
 
*** Aperi Total Open 'Enhancement' Defects - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&classification=Technology&product=Aperi&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=enhancement&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0= by priority & severity]
 
*** Aperi Total Open 'Enhancement' Defects - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&classification=Technology&product=Aperi&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=enhancement&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0= by priority & severity]
 
* '''ID:'''  
 
* '''ID:'''  
 +
** Chris is working on the ID plan update and is about 30% done.  He plans to send it out for review by the end of June.
 
* '''Project Schedule:'''  
 
* '''Project Schedule:'''  
 
** Latest [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi_Project_Schedule Schedule].
 
** Latest [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi_Project_Schedule Schedule].
Line 52: Line 71:
 
** '''Next Meeting''' 07/14/08 (No meeting 6/30 or 7/7)
 
** '''Next Meeting''' 07/14/08 (No meeting 6/30 or 7/7)
 
* '''Open Forum:'''
 
* '''Open Forum:'''
 +
** Russ posted some drafts of forums for Javier to review.

Latest revision as of 16:40, 23 June 2008

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Dial in numbers:

Toll Free: 877-421-0029 International: 770-615-1246 Passcode: 003399

Attendees:

IBM (Al Heitman, Chris King, Dave Wolfe, Russ Warren)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • Installer Issue
      • Issues surfaced last week that Eclipse installers are not allowed to download non-approved 3rd party libraries. We are investigating this issue further and putting a remediation plan in place. There is a meeting with Bjorn later this week.
      • Al submitted IPzilla Contribution Questionnaire for Apache Geronimo. Eclipse needs the source code for the jar file we want to include. Al is working on parsing down the source zip. It may take a while as there are about 2500 files in the jar Aperi is using.
      • DoJo not approved, should investigate alternatives perhaps look into replacements that are approved for other Eclipse projects.
    • 2008 planning (R0.5)
      • Still need milestones for Virtual Fabric / FC Security spec. from Brocade. Al sent a request to John for milestone details.
      • Still need milestones for Linux HA Cluster support from Novell. Robert indicated he could provide that in May. Al sent a request to Robert for any milestone details.
      • Al sent schedule updates to Todd and Chris. Al asked for any comments on the changes. Todd and Chris indicated the updates were ok.
      • Al working on schedule update to incorporate Agile ideas from Dave into the plan. Al will set up a meeting with Dave to flush this out further.
      • Al needs to work with Dave on pedigree review of LIC XML spec.
    • Aperi Committers:
      • The following committers still need the legal “paperwork” completed before full committer access is granted.
        • John Crandall
        • Jenny Monesson
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status/process
      • Al will look at the build logs for the 3rd party compile problem.
  • Aperi Downloads:
    • June totals to date are 119 total, with 50 for SAN Simulator and 69 for SRM.
    • Aperi reached the 3000th download last Tuesday, June 17, 2008.
    • Latest stats
    • Aperi webinar
  • Development items/issues:
    • SSO – Todd is writing a browser based sample client along with the documentation for the SSO client which will be used as a starting point for the LIC sample application unit test framework.
    • LIC – Dave is working on the specs for LIC. We need to find a standard to get LIC XML schema definition. Russ suggested this would be good for Martine to look into.
    • SAN Simulator - The code is checked into CVS. Todd completed the build. We need to get committer community to do a code review before we release it. Al will initiate committer code review soon. Ramani is writing the IDVT test plan. Al sent a note to Ramani to get the latest status.
    • Java Help – Chris/Todd
    • Virtual Fabric / FC Security spec – need update from John.
    • Linux HA cluster support – need update from Robert.
  • IDVT:
  • ID:
    • Chris is working on the ID plan update and is about 30% done. He plans to send it out for review by the end of June.
  • Project Schedule:
  • Action Items:
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Al 06/27/08 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. Discussed with Tom last week. Bjorn has a list of mentors we can use. Al to follow up with Bjorn.
Document Control Al 05/29/08 Write up text for Aperi document control. Al will write up a process to get documents reviewed and approved.

Back to the top