Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Aperi Development Status Meeting 01/28/08"

(New page: [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi_Storage_Management_Project Aperi Wiki Home] [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi/meetings Aperi Meetings] [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Ap...)
 
 
(7 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 2: Line 2:
 
[http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi/meetings Aperi Meetings]
 
[http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi/meetings Aperi Meetings]
 
[http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi_Development_Meetings Aperi Development Meetings]
 
[http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi_Development_Meetings Aperi Development Meetings]
== Dial in numbers: ==
 
<big>
 
Toll Free: <FONT COLOR="red">'''877-421-0029'''</FONT>   
 
International: <FONT COLOR="red">'''770-615-1246'''</FONT>
 
Passcode: <FONT COLOR="red"> '''003399''' </FONT>
 
</big>
 
<!-- COMMENT
 
 
== Attendees: ==
 
== Attendees: ==
'''Brocade''' (John Crandall), '''IBM''' (Chris King, Dave Wolfe, Hans Lin, Martine Wedlake, Ramani Routray, Todd Singleton, Tom Guinane,)
+
'''IBM''' (Chris King, Dave Wolfe, Hans Lin, Martine Wedlake, Russ Warren, Todd Singleton, Tom Guinane)
 
== Minutes: ==
 
== Minutes: ==
COMMENT -->
 
== Agenda: ==
 
 
 
* '''Project Leader Notes:'''  
 
* '''Project Leader Notes:'''  
 
** 2008 planning (R0.5)
 
** 2008 planning (R0.5)
*** Aperi Community Technical Call
+
*** 1/24 Aperi Community Technical Call
*** Aperi Community Business Call, 1/31, 5:00pm Eastern, to discuss 2008 plan commitments, Spring SNW and other business.  
+
**** Excellent attendance by community – 7 out of 10 community companies had representatives.
 +
**** Dave Wolfe presented an overview of a proposed architecture for LIC and SSO.  It was well received.
 +
*** Aperi Community Business Call, 1/31, 5:00pm Eastern, to discuss 2008 plan commitments, standards activity, Spring SNW and other business. [http://wiki.eclipse.org/Aperi_Community_Meetings Agenda]
 +
** Aperi delivery nomenclature - milestones, releases, etc.  Do we want to go through the release process for R0.4 or the SAN Simulator?
 +
*** This item is in response to the aperi-dev letter from Bjorn our PMO and Committer Chairman
 +
*** After a little discussion, the team agreed to use the release/milestone terminology that Bjorn indicated from this point on.  We will leave our current documentation as is.   
  
 
* '''Release Engineer Notes (Todd):'''
 
* '''Release Engineer Notes (Todd):'''
 
** Build status
 
** Build status
 
** Build process
 
** Build process
 +
*** Build committer IDs – IDs must be per person for Eclipse legal reasons. 
  
 
* '''Aperi Downloads:'''
 
* '''Aperi Downloads:'''
 
** [http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/downloads/AperiDownloadsChart.pdf Latest stats]  
 
** [http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/downloads/AperiDownloadsChart.pdf Latest stats]  
** [http://live.eclipse.org/node/343 Aperi webinar] - 229 views
+
*** Currently over 2100
 +
** [http://live.eclipse.org/node/343 Aperi webinar] - 232 views  
 +
*** Users are still finding this and viewing it.
  
 
* '''Development items/issues:'''
 
* '''Development items/issues:'''
Line 32: Line 30:
 
* '''IDVT:'''  
 
* '''IDVT:'''  
 
** [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi/Test/Status Test Status]
 
** [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi/Test/Status Test Status]
** Aperi Total Open Defects - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=Aperi&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=minor&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&priority=P1&priority=P2&priority=P3&priority=P4&priority=P5&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0= by priority & severity]
+
** Hans has created two reports so that we can track our defects and enhancements separately:
 
+
*** Aperi Total Open 'Non-Enhancement' Defects - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&classification=Technology&product=Aperi&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=minor&bug_severity=trivial&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0= by priority & severity]
 +
*** Aperi Total Open 'Enhancement' Defects - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&classification=Technology&product=Aperi&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=enhancement&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0= by priority & severity]
 +
** Thanks Hans!
 +
 
* '''ID:'''
 
* '''ID:'''
  
 
* '''Project Schedule:'''
 
* '''Project Schedule:'''
** Latest [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi_Project_Schedule Schedule]. –   
+
** Latest [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi_Project_Schedule Schedule]. –  no updates.
  
 
* '''Action Items:'''
 
* '''Action Items:'''
Line 57: Line 58:
 
** '''Next Meeting''' 02/04/08 - 'Power day'
 
** '''Next Meeting''' 02/04/08 - 'Power day'
 
** '''EclipseCon 2008'''
 
** '''EclipseCon 2008'''
*** [http://www.eclipsecon.org EclipseCon] 2008, March 17-20 in Santa Clara, CA.  
+
*** [http://www.eclipsecon.org EclipseCon] 2008, March 17-20 in Santa Clara, CA. [http://www.eclipsecon.org/2008/index.php?page=table/ Program]
*** Aperi abstracts submitted:
+
*** Approved Aperi talks:
**** SAN Simulator - #437 (Ramani)
+
**** SAN Simulator - [http://www.eclipsecon.org/2008/?page=sub/&id=437 Session #437] (Ramani) has been scheduled into Room 203/204 on Tuesday March 18th, 2008 4:10pm.
**** Aperi: Open Storage Management - #479 (Tom)
+
**** Aperi: Open Storage Management - [http://www.eclipsecon.org/2008/?page=sub/&id=479 Session #479] (Tom) has been scheduled into Room 209/210 on Wednesday March 19th, 2008 1:40pm.
**** Aperi poster submission  [https://eclipsecon.greenmeetingsystems.com/submissions/view/513 Session #513]  
+
*** Aperi poster submission  [https://eclipsecon.greenmeetingsystems.com/submissions/view/513 Session #513]  
 +
**** Poster reception is on Wednesday evening after the two Aperi presentations (if the poster is accepted)
 
* '''Open Forum:'''
 
* '''Open Forum:'''
 +
** There may not appear to be much development activity going on in the project.  However, this is not he case.  There is a lot of background work (architecture, design, prototyping, etc.)  in progress to prepare for Release 1 Milestone 5.  We want to encourage people to keep showing up to meetings, respond to mailing list posts and read the wiki to stay up to date with the progress and provide feedback.

Latest revision as of 15:01, 28 January 2008

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

IBM (Chris King, Dave Wolfe, Hans Lin, Martine Wedlake, Russ Warren, Todd Singleton, Tom Guinane)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • 2008 planning (R0.5)
      • 1/24 Aperi Community Technical Call
        • Excellent attendance by community – 7 out of 10 community companies had representatives.
        • Dave Wolfe presented an overview of a proposed architecture for LIC and SSO. It was well received.
      • Aperi Community Business Call, 1/31, 5:00pm Eastern, to discuss 2008 plan commitments, standards activity, Spring SNW and other business. Agenda
    • Aperi delivery nomenclature - milestones, releases, etc. Do we want to go through the release process for R0.4 or the SAN Simulator?
      • This item is in response to the aperi-dev letter from Bjorn our PMO and Committer Chairman
      • After a little discussion, the team agreed to use the release/milestone terminology that Bjorn indicated from this point on. We will leave our current documentation as is.
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status
    • Build process
      • Build committer IDs – IDs must be per person for Eclipse legal reasons.
  • Development items/issues:
  • ID:
  • Project Schedule:
  • Action Items:
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Tom 03/31/08 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. ‘’’Tom to talk to potential candidates at EclipseCon in March.’’’
Document Control Tom 01/29/08 Write up text for Aperi document control.
  • Other:
    • Next Meeting 02/04/08 - 'Power day'
    • EclipseCon 2008
      • EclipseCon 2008, March 17-20 in Santa Clara, CA. Program
      • Approved Aperi talks:
        • SAN Simulator - Session #437 (Ramani) has been scheduled into Room 203/204 on Tuesday March 18th, 2008 4:10pm.
        • Aperi: Open Storage Management - Session #479 (Tom) has been scheduled into Room 209/210 on Wednesday March 19th, 2008 1:40pm.
      • Aperi poster submission Session #513
        • Poster reception is on Wednesday evening after the two Aperi presentations (if the poster is accepted)
  • Open Forum:
    • There may not appear to be much development activity going on in the project. However, this is not he case. There is a lot of background work (architecture, design, prototyping, etc.) in progress to prepare for Release 1 Milestone 5. We want to encourage people to keep showing up to meetings, respond to mailing list posts and read the wiki to stay up to date with the progress and provide feedback.

Back to the top