Revision as of 11:57, 9 May 2007 by Laverone.us.ibm.com (New page: == Proposal == Migrate the ConfigureAperi code to AntInstaller. === Ant Installer Project === * [http://antinstaller.sourceforge.net/index.html Main page] * [http://sourceforge.net/projec...)
Migrate the ConfigureAperi code to AntInstaller.
Ant Installer Project
- AntInstall - Apache 2.0
- SysOut - Apache 2.0
- Ant - Apache 2.0
- DOM - license
- SAX - license
- Xerces - Apache 1.1
- JGoodies - BSD
- Using AntInstaller reduces the need for custom Java code because the installer inherits configuration functions from ant
- The installer will be easier to maintain
- Less code to maintain
- Most maintenance changes will only require XML changes
- Graphical interface is user friendly
- Command line and silent installs also supported.
- Easy for Aperi users/adopters to change the branding, look and behavior of the installer.
- Menus and icons can be updated in XML
- The install behavior can be changed by updating the XML
- Adopters can ship just the build.xml, properties file and the ant binaries.
Other Options Considered