An auto-configuration plugin for Eclipse
This project aims to design an Eclipse plugin that allows the binaries required by other Eclipse plugins to be automatically located. The source code shall be released under the Eclipse Public License. This is one of the selected projects for the 2007 Google Summer of Code. The original application can be found here.
- Ogechi Nnadi (IRC: onnadi3) Blog: The Perils of Hacking Eclipse E-mail: onnadi3 AT mail DOT gatech DOT edu
- Markus Alexander Kuppe (IRC: lemmy) Blog: http://www.lemmster.de
- Remy Chi Jian Suen (IRC: rcjsuen)
We meet on Saturdays at 9:30am EDT/3:30pm CEST in the #eclipse-soc channel on irc.freenode.net.
Here are open issues to discuss.
Here are our meeting logs.
Our code is currently hosted in the eclipse-incub project at SourceForge, under the module name, service-discovery.
- 9 July 2007 1. Make JREFinder check in a few places for JREs
2. Package it as a feature
3. Add to SoC CVS
4. Write the "jdt preference injector" which injects discovered values into the corresponding jdt preferences.
- 23 June 2007 implement a simple JRE finder using the interfaces from ecf.discovery
- 6 June 2007 Implement a simple fs finder connected to org.eclipse.discovery via an OSGi service, and an exemplary consumer that uses this finder to discover JDKs.
- 1 June 2007 Create a compilable plug-in in the cvs repository that takes a collection of possible URIs and returns any JDKs found in those locations.
Create a scheme for uniquely identifying different programs and different versions of those
Functional Integrated Testing (FIT)
Applications / Services that should be detected
- JDK/JRE, GCC, Python, Perl, etc.
- Blobs of documentation (javadoc, PoD, Doxygen), preferably linked to the resources they document
- Apache Http server, Apache Tomcat, Jetty
- bzip2,gzip,rar,arj,... (for deployment and browsing into archives)
- An EFS provider that allows browsing into such archives like folders might be a nice side project
- Cygwin (including auto-detect of cygwin mount points and path translation)
- An EFS provider that shows the cygwin local filesystem might be a nice side project