An auto-configuration plugin for Eclipse
This project aims to design an Eclipse plugin that allows the binaries required by other Eclipse plugins to be automatically located. The source code shall be released under the Eclipse Public License
- Ogechi Nnadi (IRC: onnadi3) Blog: | The Perils of Hacking Eclipse E-mail: onnadi3 AT mail DOT gatech DOT edu
- Markus Alexander Kuppe (IRC: lemmy) Blog: http://www.lemmster.de
- Remy Chi Jian Suen (IRC: rcjsuen)
We meet on Saturdays at 9:30am EDT/7:00pm IST in the #eclipse-soc channel on irc.freenode.net.
Here are our meeting logs.
- 1 June 2007 Create a compilable plug-in in the cvs repository that takes a collection of possible URIs and returns any JDKs found in those locations.
Applications / Services that should be detected
- JDK/JRE, GCC, Python, Perl, etc.
- Blobs of documentation (javadoc, PoD, Doxygen), preferably linked to the resources they document
- Apache Http server, Apache Tomcat, Jetty
- bzip2,gzip,rar,arj,... (for deployment and browsing into archives)
- An EFS provider that allows browsing into such archives like folders might be a nice side project
- Cygwin (including auto-detect of cygwin mount points and path translation)
- An EFS provider that shows the cygwin local filesystem might be a nice side project