Adding new advanced chart types in BIRT
My project for this year's Google Sommer of Code will be to contribute new chart types for the BIRT project.
Name: Karsten Knese
Mentor: Ahti Kitsik
As there were same request about new chart types for birt the goal of my project is to add three new chart types.
- donut chart
- venn diagram
- radar diagram
BIRT already provides several chart types for designing customs reports. I found some open bugs and help-wanted entries in bugzilla.
This chart will be implemented based on the existing pie chart.
This chart shows data information grouped by categories.
This chart shows similarities and differences of several datasets.
- Reading lots of documents about BIRT itself
- Have a deeper look at BIRT's chart engine
- Writing first eclipse plugins presenting simple chart
- Planning architecture of new chart types
- First chart type will be donut (based on pie chart)
- Primary goal will be VENN diagram
Comments, suggestions, ideas
I'm proud to take part in GSoC 2009. As it is my first project I'm happy about every help.
So feel free writing every comments you have. :)