Accessible Eclipse Plug-ins
Note: All materials provided are useful, but some may predate the Eclipse accessibility API upgrade which occurred with the release of Eclipse 3.6 (Helios) in June, 2010.
- General Introduction (last updated 2004)
- Designing Accessible Plug-ins for Eclipse (last updated 2009)
- Accessibility Features in Eclipse (from the Eclipse Help system)
- Tips for Making Accessible User Interfaces (from the Eclipse Help system)
- SWT Accessibility API Reference (use this API to support accessibility in custom controls)
- Examples of Accessibility API Usage
Eclipse is an open source project. Testing, bug filing/triage, documentation and code contributions to the accessibility support are very welcome and greatly appreciated.
When you run into an issue, check the Eclipse accessibility bug list.
If your issue isn't in the list, file an Eclipse accessibility bug.
For questions or more information, please use the SWT newsgroup -- accessibility issues will be forwarded to the right person to answer them.