Difference between revisions of "About : BIRT JPA or JDO Connector"
(→Other Important References)
(→Getting the source)
|Line 49:||Line 49:|
== References ==
== References ==
Revision as of 02:18, 1 September 2008
The Java Persistence API (JPA)is the Java API for the management of persistence and object/relational mapping for Java EE and Java SE environments. The persistence consists of three areas:
- the API, defined in the javax.persistence package
- the Java Persistence Query Language
- object/relational metadata
The purpose of this project proposal is to implement a Connector JPA for BIRT framework, and so able to handle data source from the persistence API. Is so great the importance of the project because JPA is a specification that is being used widely in the development of applications, precisely from the advantages it.
The implementation is to make the JPA ODA driver, extending each one of the interface required in the Data Tools Plataform given in the package org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.
Finalizing it first part will be an improvement approaching also advanced options in regard to the parameters and also will be implemented JPA ODA IU extensions.
- Student: Victoriano Alfonso Phocco Diaz <firstname.lastname@example.org> -
- Mentor: Jason Weathersby <email@example.com> - http://www.blogger.com/profile/13114050439576571984 http://eclipse.sys-con.com/author/jasonweathersby.htm
- Project Hosting GSoC:
- Handling of configuration file: persistence.xml.
- JPA utilities for get current EntityManager and EntityManagerFactory
- JPQL queries validation.
- Get the metadata information such as column names, column types, column class for the query .
- Instantiation of ResulSetMetaData, DataSetMetaData, ResulSet.
- Soport in the preparement and execution of Queries.
- Working good with the implementations de JPA: Hibernate and TopLink.
- Handling of other configuration file: orm.xml
- Soport more advance of Parameters into queries.
Nice to have
- Soport JDO and JPA at the same time.
Feel free to add your comments and ideas.
Getting the source
- Eclipse Resources:
- The plug-in extension examples from Integrating and Extending BIRT
- Book:Jason Weathersby, Don French, Tom Bondur, Jane Tatchell, Iana Chatalbasheva, "Integrating and Extending BIRT",Addison-Wesley.
- JPA specification:
- Documentation JPA API:
- GlassFish Project - Java Persistence Example:
- Master the New Persistence Paradigm with JPA
- Persistence Pays Offs: Advanced Mapping with JPA
- Using the Java Persistence API in Desktop Applications: http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/Desktop/persistenceapi/?feed=JSC
- Basic Java Persistence API Best Practices
- Book: Mike Keith, Merrick Schincariol, "Pro EJB 3: Java Persistence API", Apress.
Other Important References
- Documentation Hibernate API:
- Documentation TopLink API:
- JFire Project - BIRT datasource for JDO:
- OpenMRS - BIRT ODA Plugin User Guide:
- Example about JasperReports with JPA:
- Advanced somethings about JPA file configurations : http://netbeans.dzone.com/news/netbeans-and-jpa-with-multiple