ATL VM Testing
This page consists in a report of emfvm non-regression tests. Those tests are available on CVS and reports all performances and regression issues between the two versions of the ATL VM. Here are also centralized all development informations about the emfvm, like missing features.
Some relevant EMF-based transformations are integrated to the test set and are launched with the Regular VM and the emfvm. The results of the transformations are comparated using EMF Compare. When a test pass successfully, execution times are reported for both VMs in order to detect performance issues. If a test fails, a short description of the problem (or eventually a bug) is reported in the "Comments" field. The test is excluded from the emfvm test set until it is corrected.
|FlattenTest||PASS||0.047s.||0.032s.||Collections implementation completed on 12/12/2007.|
|UML2Relational||FAIL||0.046s.||Unsupported model elements containing "::".|
|ATL2Problem||PASS||0.046s.||0.078s.||EnumLiteral support added on 25/01/2008.|
|SpreadsheetMLSimplified2Trace||FAIL||0.015s.||Transformation fails without errors.|
|Total time :||1.75s.||13.34s.|
Tests realized on 29/01/2008 with :
- Processor : Pentium 2 GHz
- RAM : 2 Go
- Operating system : Windows XP
- JVM : JRE 1.6
- Eclipse 3.3 Europa
- ATL 2.0
emfvm missing features
Here is the list of the missing features of the emfvm. The purpose of this list is to attempt to prevent duplicate works, by signalizing current developments. So, if you are committer, or contributor, do not hesitate to update this list by shortly describing your current work (possibly with your contact):
- Support for "metamodels"-specific EMF extensions:
- UML2 support (e.g., reordering of calls to applyProfile(), and applyStereotype()).
- Compilation support using one of the following alternatives:
- Update ACG to directly generate an XML model instead of relying on specific "native types" like ASMEmitter.
- Add the ASMEmitter type to emfvm, so that compilers generated with the current version of ACG can work.
- Support for Java method calls (e.g., metamodel-specific methods). Note that it may be more efficient to implement them directly as Operations, instead of using reflection. One possible implementation is to provide a default version using reflection, and provide direct support for common operations (e.g., UML2 operations) later.
- ADWP debugging protocol.
- Exceptions logger.
- New bytecodes:
- "delete": to remove an element, and all references that point to it.
- "unset": to unset a feature (e.g., to support changing the value of a multi-valued feature).
- "newin": to create a given element in a specific model.
The "delete" and "unset" new bytecodes will for instance be usefull to implement the refining mode of ATL 2006 (with in-place model transformation support).
How to contribute
To contribute, you can add your own test to the non-regression test. Please make sure that:
- You are allowed to release the work under EPL.
- The transformation works with EMF (i.e., the only model handler currently supported by emfvm).
- The transformation correctly runs on the Regular VM.
NOTE : At this time, profiled UML2 target models are not supported. However, you can already submit any related test, in prevision of a future implementation.
To contribute a test, you can either put it into CVS (if you are committer), or contribute it on bugzilla. You may ask questions about how to do this on the M2M newsgroup, using the [ATL] prefix in your subject. You may also directly contact William Piers if you cannot follow the procedures described above.
A non-regression test is never complete, so feel free to contribute your tests!