ATL 2.0.0 New and Noteworthy
Eclipse Ganymede compatibility
The ATL Toolkit is now compatible with Eclipse Ganymede (Eclipse 3.4, EMF 2.4).
ANTLR 3.0 support
The ATL Toolkit is now using ANTLR 3.0. ANTLR 3.0 Runtime has been approved by Eclipse Foundation (see IPzilla CQ 1548, in which this was approved). ANTLR 2.X dependency has been removed and ANTLR 3.0 is externalized in a plugin, installed from an Orbit package. From user point of view, this simplifies ATL installation.
- Support for specification of source model(s) to match a source element in.
- It is possible now to define attribute helpers in ATL libraries.
- allInstances return value has been changed from Set to OrderedSet.
- A new feature is available : ATL Superimposition. Superimposition allows you to load an ATL transformation module on top of another in your "Run..." configuration. It allows for the superimposing module to import and override matched rules from the module it is superimposed upon. More details are available here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/ATL_Superimposition
- Added shortcut to comment/uncomment in the ATL Editor
- Added option to disable attribute helper cache
- New execution options are available:
* added option to disable attribute helper cache * added notice about stopwatch available only in run mode
- Added a stopwatch that prints execution times of transformations (see advanced tab)
- A new launch configuration UI is available (contributed by Mikael Barbero). When the ATL file is selected, the launch configuration is pre-filled in. This avoids errors with ATL header section.
- An extension point was created, which enables the invocation of other ATL Virtual Machines from the launch configuration or ATL ant tasks. The list of ATL VM available is located in the advanced tab
- Added accessor to ATL resourceSet (may, for instance, be used by other tools to access ATL-registered metamodels)
- Added a Problem target model to the ATL compiler so that it may report problems more appropriately
- Added location as comment after each bytecode
- Deprecated the old injector and extractor methods