ATL/User Guide - Installation
Revision as of 12:17, 10 February 2010 by Thierry.fortin.obeo.fr (New page: __FORCETOC__ Category:ATL = Prerequisites = '''Java''' *Download and install a JVM (JRE or JDK), if one is not already installed. **f...)
- Download and install a JVM (JRE or JDK), if one is not already installed.
- for ATL 2.0 or older, JDK 1.4 will work.
- for ATL 3.0+, you need JDK 5.0 or later
- Download and install Eclipse.
- Install EMF.
There are two ways to install ATL:
- via update site
- via zip: see ATL Downloads. Once your zip is downloaded, just unpack it into
- with Eclipse 3.3, 3.2: ~/eclipse/features/ and ~/eclipse/plugins/ folders
- with Eclipse 3.4+: ~/eclipse/dropins/ folder
Finally, restart Eclipse.
The ATL SDK build enables to:
- consult documentation offline
- access ATL examples
- access the source code of installed ATL plugins
To install ATL from CVS, please refer to the Developer Guide.